• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Can GMS2 make a gacha game?

B

boba6

Hello, I'm really new to game development, so please forgive me for asking a dumb question > <

I want to make a game that has a gacha system like FGO, GBF, Arknights, Genshin Impact, etc. that has a loot box system, randomize rolls for character(s)/item(s). I wanted to include other mini games like puzzles, tower defense, etc. inside the game, looking at coop system too for 2-4 people. I was wondering if GMS2 can make a game like that or is this too complex?

Bobious

I’m not familiar with any of those games you mentioned, but the concept of having mini games and loot boxes is certainly not too complex. Having fairly large amounts of game logic doesn’t seem to faze GMS2 all that much. The biggest problem I ever face with a complex game is keeping track of it myself.
I personally have never put co-op in a game, so I can’t answer to that.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
The answer is always "yes", but of course it depends on the user's programming skill.

B

boba6

Thank you Bobious and Yal for answering me! I really appreciate it ♥