• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Can GMS2 Compile To HTML5 Yet?

D

DatCodingGuy

Hey Everyone,

I just downloaded GMS2 and I've been working on a game. I tried to compile to HTML5 to test out my game in the browser but then I couldn't find HTML5 in the Platform Settings. I did a bit of research and realized that I have to pay a license to HTML5 which I was about to buy until I came across and article that said GMS2 can't currently compile to any platforms. I realized that this article is probably a bit old so I just wanted to check to make sure that if I bought the HTML5 license I'd be able to compile my game straight away.

If I'm currently not able to compile to HTML5 (even if I have a license) would I be able to go back to GMS 1.4 and compile my game there? For starters if I bought the GMS2 license would it still work with GMS 1.4? And if so, would I be able to open up my GMS2 project in GMS 1.4 or would I have to import all my resources and start coding again?

Thanks heaps,
DatCodingGuy

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
If you have modified your license you need to logout and back in again for the new module to activate.

It really should tell you that after purchase in the email AND on screen, I will check with the web team.

Russell