• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can GMS1 and GMS2 run on the same machine?

A

Andy

Can I still use GMS1 if I install the GMS2 beta? Will they have any issues interacting on the same machine?

S

StuffandThings85

You should be able to import your resources from GMS, it says it's backwards compatible.

A

Andy

Thank you, I am installing now. I just wanted to be able to work in GMS1 still, since the beta has limited features. Glad to know I can run both! :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yep, just to assure you that the above is correct...GMS1.4 and 2 can live together harmoniously on the same machine. GMS2 uses a different format for the project files, so there is no overlap.

L

lukeis2k20

@Nocturne - how long will version 1.4.?? be supported for? meaning if there is another thing thing like the LibPNG mayhem will it be fixed in 1.4.??? or will all 1.4.??? users be ignored like a crazy ex girlfriend?

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
@Nocturne - how long will version 1.4.?? be supported for? meaning if there is another thing thing like the LibPNG mayhem will it be fixed in 1.4.??? or will all 1.4.??? users be ignored like a crazy ex girlfriend?
The helpdesk states that no new features will be implemented but critical bug fixes will be carried out (same as 8.1 kept getting updates for a while after GM:HTML5 and Studio releases, I guess)