• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Can build project's but can't test inside gamemaker

B

Big_Macca_101

Hi there, I'm able to use the UWP export to build a project and manually install it, but as soon as i run it from within gamemaker i get the following error, anyone able to help?

Code:
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.0.136\bin\dpdeploy.exe -s -c "C:\Users\lxmcf\AppData\Local\Temp\dpdeploy-container-3f18527efe52e24e640145ff6ef4a3a9" -h=192.168.1.10:50443 -u=alex -p=mayfall list-apps
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.ListApps()
   at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.IsInstalled(String packageFullName)
   at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.DoInstall(String packageFullName, String appx_path, String certificate_path)
   at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.BuildWindowsUAPProject(String package_name, String _targetfile, Boolean _final)
   at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.Run()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:04.1380584s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.0.136/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\lxmcf\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff"  -- WinUWP Run started at 09/16/2017 19:08:25
FAILED: Run Program Complete
Thanks!

F

Flip

Probably a bug. You can try making a new project and adding things one by one to narrow it down. It may just fully work as a new project as things are sometimes funny like that. You can submit a bug in the help menu.

B

Big_Macca_101

Probably a bug. You can try making a new project and adding things one by one to narrow it down. It may just fully work as a new project as things are sometimes funny like that. You can submit a bug in the help menu.
I thought so, I tested this with a completely new and blank project