• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Can anyone give me a Tutorial on Enumerators in Gamemaker 2 Verion 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam (Deleted User)

@FoxyOfJungle is right as far as I know. There's been no changes to enums in 2.3 (I'm not even sure they were changed from 1.4). Here's my own 2.3 tutorial if you would prefer a video:

You are why I'm proud to be a samuel. You're videos are awesome. A lot of it is content I'm familiar with, but you do a great job at explaining things in such a way that is both concise and to the point while being beginner friendly and useful for teaching. A bit off topic i just want to take a moment of silence and appreciate your channel.

A

Aidan

of Create Event
for object <undefined>:

Variable <unknown_object>.on_ground(100003, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_GlobalScript_check_state (line 6) - if(on_ground == true)
############################################################################################
gml_GlobalScript_check_state (line 6)

I still get a Error and i dont know how to fix it

this is my code

//player states
enum ps {
IDLE,
WALK,
AIR
}
i use drag n Drop

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
You just need to create the on_ground variable in the Create Event:

GML:
on_ground = 0;
Edit: I noticed that you use DnD, so just use an item to define variables.

A

Aidan

You just need to create the on_ground variable in the Create Event:

GML:
on_ground = 0;
Edit: I noticed that you use DnD, so just use an item to define variables.
Problem is i already defined in an object!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The problem is that your attempts to resolve the issue have seemingly had nothing to do with the issue so far, that's why nothing is being resolved by them. You're trying to define variables in Create events that may or may not need to be defined there and fixing potential problems with enums that you apparently have due to outdated manual pages that actually aren't outdated and probably aren't problems.

There's no real way for us to tell with absolute certainty what your problem actually is as you haven't posted any code that is relevant to the issue yet, but what you have shown so far strongly hints towards one specific and recently more and more common cause, which you've been notified about multiple times by now. Since you're mostly not responding to the solutions that have been offered to you, we can only assume you haven't tried them out at all yet - for example following the instructions in a topic that specifically breaks down the cause and solution of an issue that 1:1 matches the error message and issue profile step by step that you've been linked to twice already.

Don't get me wrong: There's nothing wrong with asking for help. However, when you do receive help, it's in your best interest to actually try out suggestions and - regardless of whether they solve your problem or not - report back with what you've tried and what it changed about your situation, so that the people who are trying to help you won't keep moving in circles. That doesn't help anyone, you included. Help us help you and this will be a lot smoother. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.