Asset - Project Camera Asset Pack

samspade

Available for GMS 2

Description

This project contains a simple to use and flexible camera system that adds several important camera features such as zoom, shake, rotational shake, shake that works in delta time, resolution control, and more. It is designed to be easy to use. In addition to clean and commented code, it contains a fully featured demo project that includes some helpful debug settings.

It is difficult to make a generic camera system that works for everyone. So if there is something you would like a camera to do that this doesn't feel free to ask me to add it (even before you buy).

This project is currently deeply discounted because it is a new asset and because I intend to add features to it slowly over the next several months.

Side note: The shaky cam effect works with delta time or can be used with delta time to create a smooth shake even during slow motion.

This Pack Contains:
  • A Camera
  • Zoom
  • Shake (horizontal, vertical, and rotational)
  • Smooth Shake (based on simple value noise)
  • Shaky Cam Support
  • Delta Time Shake Support
  • Custom Camera Focal Points
  • A number of useful utility scripts
  • A collection of buttons
  • Clean Comment Code

Important notes:

• Please read the README!
  • You are free to use the buttons and art contained in the examples
  • Contact me with questions as I will provide continuing support.

Morsayou

Hello.

Thanks for this asset.

I have a little problem. Since i used your camera system, the surface application of my game is = to the room size. So actually my room syze is 10000 * 10000,k so it i copy the application surface it copy 10000 * 10000 and my game crash, and i have no idea why. Thank for ur help.

Last edited:

samspade

Hello.

Thanks for this asset.

I have a little problem. Since i used your camera system, the surface application of my game is = to the room size. So actually my room syze is 10000 * 10000,k so it i copy the application surface it copy 10000 * 10000 and my game crash, and i have no idea why. Thank for ur help.
That's unusual. Nothing in my asset touches the application surface in anyway. There used to be a bug with matrix cameras last year if you set the surface target to something else, but I thought they fixed it. If they didn't, the solution was to either call camera_apply after surface reset or save the view and projection matrices and then reset them. So if that is what if you're setting the surface anywhere, try adding camera_apply(camera_id) after any surface_reset().

Also, the application should in general only be the size of the view. While I don't think an application surface that size would necessarily crash the game, it would not be a very good idea regardless of whether it worked.

As a side note, I recently started working to refactor the camera asset. I'm not sure of the time frame but probably in the next few weeks.