• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request C++17 std::filesystem extension

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I wrote an extension which may be compiled on a wide variety of platforms that support the C++17 std::filesystem standard.

Current supported platforms include:

- Win32
- macOS
- Linux
- FreeBSD

Source code available here:

If you port it to any of these platforms:

- UWP
- Android
- iOS
- tvOS
- Console

...you get all profit from selling them, but please keep it to the original API I provided without changing function names and such. If you want to contribute your ideas you may do so on GitHub. In particular, we need to support more platforms to get the program_directory, program_filename, and program_pathname because those features are not included in the std::filesystem library. Otherwise, I am currently using function stubs returning an empty string on unsupported platforms for that. Everything else is fully cross-platform and will compile on the target platform as-is. Any code you contribute will be credited by it will remain under the MIT license, meaning anyone who wants to can make it closed source.