• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion buying GM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avterra1d

Ok so I tried contacting yo yo games several days ago via their email thing about this question.

I bought GameMaker Studio from humble bundle. Now with the upcoming release of GM 2 I was wondering if I would have to rebuy the add-ons like ios/android, etc or will these be added back to my account when they are released?

A

Avterra1d

so i get all of it for 15 and now i gotta spend over $500 lol should have waited i guess

C

CoderJoe

Hey you still got Gamemaker for a pretty good deal! Gamemaker works fine, just doesn't have all the features Studio 2 has.

M

McWolke

so i get all of it for 15 and now i gotta spend over $500 lol should have waited i guess
wait for what? you still got the software you paid for (GMS) AND get a discount for the new Software (GMS2). for 15 bucks! you paid 15 for old software and because of that they let you pay hundreds of dollars less. for their new Software. which isn't even released yet.
i don't get these people :/

N

NPT

So you get Studio 1 for a hell of a deal, hundreds of dollars off of the list price and what nearly everybody else paid for it.

And instead of you feeling any kind of appreciation towards YYGs or the HB folks instead it instilled within you an obligation that YYGs should only and always sell at that price.

You are not a part of Studio's demographic. See you in a few years when Studio 2 reaches end-of-life and gets released to Humble Bundle. Looking forward to your thoughts on Studio 3 being over-priced.

A

Avterra1d

So you get Studio 1 for a hell of a deal, hundreds of dollars off of the list price and what nearly everybody else paid for it.

And instead of you feeling any kind of appreciation towards YYGs or the HB folks instead it instilled within you an obligation that YYGs should only and always sell at that price.

You are not a part of Studio's demographic. See you in a few years when Studio 2 reaches end-of-life and gets released to Humble Bundle. Looking forward to your thoughts on Studio 3 being over-priced.
I never once said it was overpriced. I was just saying I wish I would have known they were coming out with this. I am still going to be buying GM2 so I'd appreciate it if you didnt get such an attitude with me. It's highly disrespectful.

Edit: I will be paying for the $500 something one too btw. so.

N

NPT

At the risk of showing more attitude and being highly disrespectfull did it not occur to you that opening up your wallet, blowing the cobwebs out and spending the $15 will have saved you hundreds of dollars because now you will be able to buy GM 2 at the upgrade price which will be 40% less than what you would have paid.

A

Avterra1d

I have no issue spending the extra money. It is great that they are giving us such an amazing discount for such a great piece of software. The 15 bucks allowed me to try out the tool since I did not have all the money at the time to get the stuff I wanted. I just dont like it how you assumed I was hating on them and assuming that I was complaining about the price. That is not something I was doing.

M

Me Myself and I

I never once said it was overpriced. I was just saying I wish I would have known they were coming out with this. I am still going to be buying GM2 so I'd appreciate it if you didnt get such an attitude with me. It's highly disrespectful.

I'm in the same boat, but don't plan on upgrading - Studio 1 will suffice, even if it's no longer supported.

That said, easy solution is to use Studio 1 until Studio 2 gets discounted or Humble Bundled - it just may be a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avterra1d

I'm the same boat -- just glad I got the bundle instead of paying full price. That sa

I'm in the same boat, but don't plan on upgrading - Studio 1 will suffice, even if it's no longer supported.

That said, easy solution is to use Studio 1 until Studio 2 gets discounted or Humble Bundled - it just may be a few years.
Yeah I just like the style and the way GM2 handles things compared to the first one. idk. I'll still be using 1 for a while until it's no longer supported to

N

NPT

I have no issue spending the extra money. It is great that they are giving us such an amazing discount for such a great piece of software. The 15 bucks allowed me to try out the tool since I did not have all the money at the time to get the stuff I wanted. I just dont like it how you assumed I was hating on them and assuming that I was complaining about the price. That is not something I was doing.
So how exactly should I have interpreted this post?
What exactly did you mean by "now i gotta spend over $500"?

And why "should you have waited"?

C

CedSharp

Unless I'm mistaken, the 500$ one is only if you have Master Collection ( which you don't have with humble bundle ).
To actually get the equivalent of the 500$ one you'll pay more like 630$ ( all licences at 40% discount ).

Unless I'm wrong and didn't understand how the upgrades will work.

A

Avterra1d

So how exactly should I have interpreted this post?

What exactly did you mean by "now i gotta spend over $500"?

And why "should you have waited"?
You're making a big deal out of this. It does not matter. Just drop it and move on. Im buying GM 2 regardless.

gnysek

You get GM:S nearly for free, and you want to have 2.0 again for free? You understand it wrong. HumbleBundle sale was BECAUSE 2.0 release was soon. It was a way to advertise product, and to sell as much as possible before 2.0 come out, because soon nobody will want to pay for it anymore.

A

Avterra1d

You get GM:S nearly for free, and you want to have 2.0 again for free? You understand it wrong. HumbleBundle sale was BECAUSE 2.0 release was soon. It was a way to advertise product, and to sell as much as possible before 2.0 come out, because soon nobody will want to pay for it anymore.
OMFG I never said I wanted the damn thing for free. Did you not read anything else where I plainly 💩💩💩💩ing stated that I AM BUYING GMS 2!!

N

NPT

Your points are anything but clear, and when people don't interpret them as you claim you intended them you get all pissy, start name calling and get offended because of their assumptions.

When you are asked to clarify, you accuse them of making a big deal out of it.

In the future, I suggest you take greater care in communicating and think about what you post before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CedSharp

I agree with @Avterra1d . He clearly ( yes, CLEARLY ) stated that he didn't mean what people interpreted. His message got out wrong, but he corrected himself at this post ( the quote )
All the following post are simlply free bashing on him for no reason. I would've gotten mad too if people continued to assume that the wrong message was what I intended.

Please be careful before assuming things from someone.

A

Avterra1d

I agree with @Avterra1d . He clearly ( yes, CLEARLY ) stated that he didn't mean what people interpreted. His message got out wrong, but he corrected himself at this post ( the quote )
All the following post are simlply free bashing on him for no reason. I would've gotten mad too if people continued to assume that the wrong message was what I intended.

Please be careful before assuming things from someone.
Thank you. I said several times that I'd be paying for all of the things I have now as they are released. I dont understand why people cant read :/

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
okay...now just flaming here. I think he's cleared it up...enough please.

Status
Not open for further replies.