1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Bumping balls

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Petrik33, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Petrik33

Petrik33 Member

Hi, everyone. And I really need your help because my script doing physics of ball colisions is pour and I guess I need a new one. So please if you have a script or ideas of making it to Find angle of balls(circles) moving and their speed after hitting each other , please, help and share it with me. I am only beginner and I cant solve this problem. This is how the game looks now to understand problem better, please no jokes that the problem is this game itself, its only prototype.

Attached Files:

2. robproctor83

robproctor83 Member

If your using normal speed variables you can use move_bounce_all() or move_bounce_solid() and it will do what you want. If you have a real physics room they should bounce automatically if you have correct physical properties set.

3. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

You could use motion_add to add half of each ball's current speed to the other ball (save both balls' speeds to a variable first so you don't lose it):
    Code:
    var ps1, ps2, pd1, pd2;
    ps1 = speed;
    pd1 = direction;
    ps2 = other.speed;
    pd2 = other.direction;
    motion_add(pd2,ps2*0.5);
    with(other){
      motion_add(pd1,ps1*0.5);
    }

4. robproctor83

robproctor83 Member

Ah, good point Yal, move_bounce_* would only bounce the colliding ball, which wouldn't look very realistic if the other ball didn't move too.

5. Petrik33

Petrik33 Member

Thank you all but im not using Gamemaker physics. Try to use my own to get an experince.