• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Bullet Runner

T

T. Brugel

Bullet Runner

About

Bullet Runner is a high paced, action packed shooter that gets your blood pumping! The game is a mix of the roguelike, dungeoncrawler and bullethell genres. Blast your way through waves of different enemies, with loads of unique, wacky and weird weapons in a gorgeous pixel-art styled world. Fight huge disturbing bosses and take their godly weapons. Rip and tear enemies apart with the glorykill system, and literally blow them to bits with the many weapons you can find in the game.

History

I, Tobias Brugel, founder of HedgefogGames, have always loved playing dungeoncrawlers. Whenever I saw a game with the word 'dungeon' in it I needed to try it out. I loved the idea behind procedurally generated levels, and I wanted to try it out myself. I didn't want to make a generic dungeoncrawler, I wanted to add in guns! The game didn't quite start out as a bullethell, but slowly transformed into the genre, and for some reason, it worked out great!

Features

• Procedurally generated levels
  • Huge distrurbing bossfights
  • A huge collection of unique, weird and wacky weapons
  • A good range of different enemy types
  • Lots of gore
  • Heavy metal OST (coming soon)
  • Different playable heroes all with unique stats/abilities

Media

Download
Visit https://gamejolt.com/games/bulletrunner/264074 to download the Bullet Runner demo for free!

Contact

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bullet_Runner
Bullet Runner Discord: discord.gg/RG2FjtK
E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ukaygee

Wow, I love this game!
How long have you been working on the project? And did you make the art and sound yourself?

T

T. Brugel

Wow, I love this game!
How long have you been working on the project? And did you make the art and sound yourself?
Thanks! I really appreciate it! Everything is done by me, except for the sound. The sound is being produced by AdamLWood, and is still work in progress :) I've been working for about 6 months on the project now

M

Misty

Ok so, my thoughts.

I didn't really like the mouse aim for some reason, it seemed very smooth and precise, but slow and not agile. Aiming felt a bit like a chore.
Also, the movement felt a bit boaty, there was too much inertia and not enough friction, the player felt too heavy like they were a train on ice.
Also, my third complaint is the floor texture was the same as the wall texture, it made my eyes dry and confused.
Also, something seemed wrong about the shooting. The bullets seemed too big, and when I shot them it didn't feel like an impact, just like a breezing through them.
And there was only one pain sound, it was annoying.
The gameplay was too slow paced.
There was no music.
The grenades were underwhelming.
Also the screen seemed biased in favor of horizontal combat and not upper or lower combat.

Overall, if I was rich, I would still not buy this game. But if you put more work into it and fix my suggestions I might. This is the official Misty review.

Rivo

Got this error btw

of Step Event0
for object obj_weapon:

local variable int(100001, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_weapon_Step_0
############################################################################################

Yeah, the movement may be a lil too slidey and slow. I like the 'smoothness' of it tho