• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Bullet Collisions

N

NthingSinistr

Hello! I'm basically having trouble figuring out an efficient system for bullet collisions, which is a big deal in a bullet hell. The problem is that with so many bullet types that all have to collide with every surface and every one of hundreds of types of monsters, how do I avoid as many "Add Event: Collision" codes as possible and still have a fast, functioning game? Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

RangerX

Every object that can kill your bullets could have a common parent object and its that parent object you would check in order to know if the bullet should get destroyed.

N

NthingSinistr

Every object that can kill your bullets could have a common parent object and its that parent object you would check in order to know if the bullet should get destroyed.
Thanks! I'll try that method soon.