• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Built in variables questions

L

lukbebalduke

Hi! I have some questions about the built in variables, so, I'm creating a game and I'm not using any built-in variables other them x, y, depth and visible, but the other variables still being created (right? ) such as speed, direction, gravity, score. Is there any way to avoid that? Does that cosume a significant amount of ram?

Tks

jo-thijs

Hi! I have some questions about the built in variables, so, I'm creating a game and I'm not using any built-in variables other them x, y, depth and visible, but the other variables still being created (right? ) such as speed, direction, gravity, score. Is there any way to avoid that? Does that cosume a significant amount of ram?

Tks
They're still created for as far as I know and there's no way to avoid it for as far as I know.
The amount of wasted RAM is proportional to the amount of instances you have, but it usually shouldn't be very significant.