Portfolio - Programming Building my gamedev portfolio - Low / non existent rates

B

belltyj

Hey
My name is pj
Im new (like 2 months new) to the gml but im picking up very quickly. Im currently working on a game thats similar to chess but with health and different attacks. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help out and/or teach me a think or two.
I already have a rule book and everything and i also have every attack and special move figured out. Now all thats left to do is to turn it into a computer game. I already figured out how to do movement i just need to finish programming it. Then i move on to health and attacks. The game was originally designed as a board game, that plays on a chess board, by a friend in south florida and now sells in 10 comic/games shops.

Let me know if that sounds interesting.

R

rui.rosario

Hi @belltyj, it does sound very interesting. I can work both ways, either developing directly or coaching you through the process, whichever way you prefer. I'm currently not at home but when I get there I'll PM you so we can chat about it a little bit.

O

OhDandyDay

Hello I have a project I could use some help on. I have been working on everything solo and its been a challenge. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. I have great need for an inventory system I cannot seem to find the best route. As well as character choice system. I have ideas on how to mock these up but could really use another mind. The names Garry Buchanan, feel free to message me on Facebook it goes straight to my phone. Possibly we will continue to work on more after this is we enjoy each others chemistry. I can seriously nail story and game design as well as do some coding. I just tend to take on so much that my projects lose their personal enjoyability. I feel what I really need is a partner so again that is something we may discuss later on.

R

rui.rosario

Hi @equinox, did not realize editing the main post would push the collaboration post back to the main page.

As you can see from the main post currently I have some personal constraints due to which I am not offering any type of collaboration. If that is what you came to seek then I apologize, but I'm afraid you'll have to look for another person to help you. I'm pretty sure you can achieve that easily in this community since there are a lot of good professionals here.