• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Build Settings / Android - stupid question / solved.

hhhollywood

Hi, probably a very stupid noob question as have only just started using GMS (IDE 2.3.2.560, runtime 2.3.2.426).

I bought the mobile license and am trying to compile to Android. I have Android Studio 4.2, SDK Platforms Android 11 and 10, NDK 21.4.7075529 (as I'd read there may be issues with 22 and latest GMS).

My phone is detected OK by GMS, but I get the error 'Error : The selected Architecture options do not support this device. Please add Arm64' when I try to build. Android SDK, NDK and JDK are all 'Found' OK in the Platform Settings->Android.

The setup instructions refer to 'Game Options settings' as below, where I choose the API level and Architecture, but I can't find where those settings are. I'm not sure if it's because I'm looking at documentation for an older version of GMS or if I'm being an idiot and just not finding it. Any ideas where I find these settings on GMS 2.3?

Thanks!

1620332112540.png

hhhollywood

It was indeed an extremely stupid question. Have now found the Game Options menu accessible via the asset browser. Doh.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The best advice I can give you as a new user when you can't find something you feel you should be able to find, or just for navigation in general: Ctrl+T. This brings up the IDE-wide search that spans everything from resources to game settings to IDE settings.

For example, Ctrl+T -> "arm64" shows a single result that leads you directly to the appropriate page in the game options for Android.