GameMaker build in game

chabi

come costruire in un gioco? per esempio il giocatore costruisce una navetta spaziale montando i pezzi nei giochi

chabi

how to build in a game? for example the player builds a space shuttle by assembling the part in the games

S

Slothagami

That's a very broad category, it completely depends on the game you want to make, but it usually involves creating instances with instance_create_layer() or instance_create_depth() (instance_create() with 1.4)

That could be done in so many different ways and I don't think anyone will want to design this for you. What you can do is, start from making a platformer and get to know the GML so you can think about how you can achieve your goal.

But to basicly tell you,
You can check variables like
if (RearPartIsCrafted == true)
{ draw_sprite(fillthis); }
And draw parts if they are crafted. Though that wouldn't give you collisions.
So you may need to Create objects instead or something else about it.

This is one of those questions that unfortunately ends up being answered by "If you don't know how to do it already, you're probably not ready to do it." It can be quite a complex undertaking and isn't necessarily fodder for a beginner programmer. It basically breaks down into three separate things:

1. Let the player select what type of thing they wants to place. This could be done via buttons, dropdown lists, etc. None of this functionality is built-in and you will have to assemble it from scratch. Once they've selected the piece they want then...
2. Let the player create instances of the thing they want to build when they click (or whatever the input method is). This is as simple as using instance_create_layer, but it is usually a lot more complicated as...
3. You have to be able to build a data structure that relates to what they are doing. If they are connecting parts, you need to be able to use a map, or a list, or a buffer, etc, just a data type to "graph" the relationships between the pieces. Not only should this data structure keep a reference of each relationship between the pieces, but it should also be storing required information about the part itself so that when the player gets around to using whatever it is they've built, you're able to reliably rebuild the individual pieces and their relationships to each other from only the data you have stored.

If what I've just said seems like gobbledegook, then, as I said at the start, it might be beyond your current level of programming ability. If that's the case, I'd recommend starting with a simpler project, while researching and experimenting with Data Structures and storing information about instances so that you can come back to this project later with a better foundation to build from.

chabi

Hey. How are you? Now im ready. I Just want know to know some function Who can help me ti do It. There are many way ti do It. How can i use buffer to make in that specific case???

No offense, but if after a year you're coming back with the same question, I don't know how you're any more ready. What makes you sure you need a buffer to do it? Have you attempted anything yet?

Nidoking

I know some great functions. One of them is to type "how to use game maker" or "game maker tutorial" into a search engine and then click every link. Another is to read the Manual for Game Maker. These are the most basic things you must do if you want to do whatever it is you wanted to do.

chabi

it is without offense. just that you're not helping. quiet. there is a big difference between working on your own and having someone to guide you a bit. I'm just asking for an orientation. but if I have to come to understand that the forum isnt helping me... so I stop publishing there.
Thanks. L

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
it is without offense. just that you're not helping. quiet. there is a big difference between working on your own and having someone to guide you a bit. I'm just asking for an orientation. but if I have to come to understand that the forum isnt helping me... so I stop publishing there.
This forum helps literally hundreds of people every week without any problems usually. So the issue here isn't the forum, the issue here is the lack of information on what problem you are having. I understand that English isn't your native language, and that makes it harder to communicate, so I would suggest writing everything into Google Translate and then just copying the output from that rather than trying to write your own English if it's not a language you are accustomed to.

So, I would suggest you make a NEW topic and in that topic explain EXACTLY what you are having a problem with, and also show EXACTLY what you have done so far in your project that is related to the problem. Everyone here wants to help!

I understand you're looking for guidance, but we don't have anything to start from so we don't know how exactly to guide you. Your question is simply asking how to do something, and we have no idea how we can answer that in a way that would suit your needs without shooting in the dark over and over until we get somewhere. Think of it like asking how to build a house. Sure, as a starting point, we can tell you to chop down some wood and then layer the beams to make four connecting walls, but if we have to tell you where to put the nails, where the load-bearing columns should rest, how the piping assembly should run, how to set up the electrical wiring, we're effectively building the house for you, and at the end of the day, the house might go completely against your vision because we had no idea what you actually wanted to begin with and we did it our way as a result.

You have to help us help you, so tell us what exactly you need, what you've attempted, and where you're struggling.