Android BUILD FAILED, "Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar"

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Roscoe.Zhao, Oct 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Roscoe.Zhao

Roscoe.Zhao Member

Hello guys,
    I'm trying to add a Google Play leaderboard in my game. I followed this tutorial and set up everything
    But now I'm getting this error when compiling the game:

> Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks-license:11.8.0).
    Searched in the following locations:
    https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/goo...11.8.0/play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.aar

I'm using:
    GMS 1.4, using GooglePlayServicesExtension
    Target SDK: 26
    Min SDK: 14
    Compile SDK: 26
    Build Tools: 26.0.3
    Support Lib: 26.0.0

Can anyone help me please?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. GoliBroda

GoliBroda Member

Do you found any soulution for this?

3. Roscoe.Zhao

Roscoe.Zhao Member

No.
    I found out it can complie if I use the Google Play Services Extension version 2.9.0
    But I want to put rewarded ads in my game, which needs the latest extension, which still gives these error and can't compile

4. GoliBroda

GoliBroda Member

do you have 2.9.0 version maybe?

5. Mool

Mool Member

****... I fixed that problem last week, but i forgot how i have done it... Sorry.

BUT there is a other thread at GMC, where you can download the old version.

6. GoliBroda

GoliBroda Member

You could try another ad providor, implementing these to the code is same as with admob, you can google up official yoyo tutorials.
    heres list of it, rest seems to be less popular.
    https://www.appbrain.com/stats/libraries/ad

7. Jeff Short

Jeff Short Member

I was running into this problem and recently solved it, and wanted to put up a post real quick before I forgot.

In my research I had come across a similar thread with a fix for GM2, however the fix simply was not working for me. Even after deleting the extensions and cleaning the cache the problem persisted. I then found that changing the package name from com.companyname.appname to something else created a new cache that was free and clear of the extension influence. This obviously was not optimal since I wanted to enable Play Services in my game, so I dug around some more. Eventually I fixed the problem by doing the following exactly...

I loaded the GooglePlayServicesExtension into my project. Then following the advice found on another thread (I don't have enough posts to link, sorry, I'll copy paste)...

open notepad file>open
    go to
    ProgramData>GameMakerStudio2>Cache>runtimes>runtime-2.1.5.246>android\runner>RootFiles
    set file type (next to input box) from .txt to all
    open build.gradle

I was able to find the build.gradle file in my project. Since I'm working in v1.4.1804, it was not as directed above, but rather in Cache>(name of build)>Android>Default

The advice given in the post was as follows...

under the bracket that says
    allprojects {
    find and cut
    maven {
    url "https://maven.google.com"
    }
    and paste before jcenter()

Now, however I seemed to run into an issue where, even when making those changes, upon compile Game Maker would simply overwrite my build.gradle file. This was easy enough to fix by right clicking on the file and changing it to 'read only' in the properties. Now I am able to compile my Android build successfully. I have also loaded in the GooglePlayServicesIAPExtension and confirmed that it does indeed still compile successfully.

SO, to reiterate for simplicity. My fix was as follows...

1. Hunt down
    build.graddle in the Cache folder

2. Change build.graddle so it reads exactly as follows:

// Top-level build file where you can add configuration options common to all sub-projects/modules.
    buildscript {
    repositories {

jcenter()
    mavenCentral()

}
    dependencies {
    classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.0+'
    }
    }
    allprojects {
    repositories {
    maven {
    url "https://maven.google.com"
    }
    jcenter()

}
    }

3. Save and change build.graddle properties to
    read-only.

I can't say for sure this will fix all subsequent build issues, but for me at least it allowed me to successfully compile my Android build. Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope this helps someone.

Radio and Buff like this.
  8. Buff

Buff Member

This worked for me, thanks!

9. Etna Pixel

Etna Pixel Member

Worked for Me!
    If you happen to insert extensions after having already compiled the project before, you will end up with a debugging error regarding the "Extension Class not Found".

Just delete the folder "doc / gamemaker / cache / yourproject / Android"

Recompile obtaining the usual license error. edit the build.grandle file in cache/Android dir, as explained above and rebuild to make sure that every new extension is working properly on Android