• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Build error

G

Guest User

I keep getting this error. I can give more details if that helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Where:
Build file 'W:\com.example.project\build.gradle' line: 51

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':com.example.project'.
> Project with path ':library' could not be found in project ':com.example.project'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//F.Y.I the "com.example.project" is just a place holder, I didn't want to show the project package global, for development reasons.

curato

No worries. I know I had a time making sure I had the right version of thing when I set up version 2. I would refer to this: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/227860547

Android (setup guide here)
  • Betas of API 29 are not currently supported. This is being investigated at the moment. Please stick with 28 until we advise otherwise here.
  • Android API 28 (SDK build tools 28.0.3, NDK 18b, Google APIs)
  • Requires Java JDK 8u131 (64bit) - It is currently not possible to use Java JDK 9.0.4 as Gradle doesn't support this currently, so please do not use this version.
  • Games can be built using 64bit as of GMS2 2.1.5.
  • Minimum SDK version is 16 for Build Tools 28+, 14 when using Build Tools 26+. If using older tools, you can leave this at 9, but be aware Google Play might not accept this apk.
  • If building for YYC using NDK 17c or above, the Minimum SDK version is 16. Note: GMS2 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 only support up to NDK 16b. Please update.
  • Please note, some third-party extensions may require you to raise the minimum SDK version to their requirements, as will enabling "Run Lint code analysis".