• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Build Error with Google Play Services Extension v.3.1.3 thru v3.1.6

Elevory

Anyone else having problems with the latest version of the Google Play Services extension?

I'm getting the following error in the console:

* Where:
Build file 'S:\com.company.game\build.gradle' line: 63

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':com.company.game'.
> Project with path ':allib' could not be found in project ':com.company.game'.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
I've tried API Level 28 and 29 with all of the necessary dependencies installed via Android Studio. GameMaker IDE v2.2.3.436, runtime v2.2.3.344.

For the time being, I have downgraded to a previous version of the extension. Game builds fine.

Last edited:

Tony M

I am also having issues with the latest extension. All is working ok for me when I export to Android but having all sorts of issues exporting to iOS. Rewards Ads, Google Consent SDK and Setting a test device (GoogleMobileAds_ConsentDebugAddDevice) do not work with iOS. I can only get interstitial ads working.

I keep getting this error:

Code:
2019-07-16 16:35:08.029957+1000 Test_iOS_Ads[4401:1504245] <Google> Cannot find an ad network adapter with the name(s): com.google.ads.mediation.admob.AdMobAdapter. Remember to link all required ad network adapters and SDKs, and set -ObjC in the 'Other Linker Flags' setting of your build target.
2019-07-16 16:35:08.030454+1000 Test_iOS_Ads[4401:1504142] Reward based video ad failed to load.
2019-07-16 16:35:08.032621+1000 Test_iOS_Ads[4401:1504142] Error Code: undefined
2019-07-16 16:35:08.074631+1000 Test_iOS_Ads[4401:1504275] <Google:HTML> You are currently using version 7.27.0 of the SDK. Please consider updating your SDK to the most recent SDK version to get the latest features and bug fixes. The latest SDK can be downloaded from https://goo.gl/UoiJ8F. A full list of release notes is available at https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/rel-notes.
How do you downgrade the extension? I would like to try that to see if it resolves my issue as I am desperate to release my first game and unfortunately these issues with the extension and iOS are holding it up. Any assistance appreciated.

pipebkOT

@Tony M are you using the lastest extension? the one with compile 'com.google.android.gms: play-services-ads:17.2.1' in the android gradle inyection?

and you say it works in android but not on ios? if so then please fill a bug report attaching this thread link, and your project so yoyo can reproduce the bug, and fix it :)

@Elevory api level 29 is on beta, so is not supported

Last edited:

Elevory

How do you downgrade the extension? I would like to try that to see if it resolves my issue as I am desperate to release my first game and unfortunately these issues with the extension and iOS are holding it up. Any assistance appreciated.
I don't see a way to downgrade from the marketplace, but luckily I've kept backups of my old code. Here are the Google-related extensions I downgraded to: https://mega.nz/#!HBACmShA!JidMNoZv7FavXMAaDHGcyBxMoeb7qO9felemMHV5OeY EDIT: I assume the extension source files don't contain any unique identifiers for the game I'm building, but you'll want to double-check your project settings etc after importing this stuff.

One of my beta testers has been reporting a crash in Android that I suspect is related to cloud_synchronise() , so these old extensions may not be bug-free, but at least I can get my app to compile now!

Hope that helps you.

pipebkOT

@Elevory 3.1.2 fixed the cloud bug, i don't know if it was the one you mention.

------------

the bug is caused when you use the 3.1.3 extension with the apk expansion extension or licensing extension,
if you dont use these two extensions it will compile fine.

if you look at Build file 'S:\com.company.game\build.gradle' line: 63 you will know what went wrong

this is the line, but i don't know what it means, nor the solution

compile 'org.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped:eek:rg.jbundle.util.osgi.wrapped.org.apache.http.client:4.1.2'\u000a\u000dcompile project(':allib')

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
The issue is this bit - "\u000a\u000d" in that error. This extension has exposed a couple of issues in the IDE this time: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31159 and https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29018 (which is your issue).

We're testing these fixes at the moment and will get a new beta release out asap (early next week) to resolve a few issues with this extension.

Any assistance appreciated.
We replied to your ticket earlier today. You have mistakenly pasted our Android test IDs into your iOS code block as well as your Android one. Google must not care about serving test interstitials when the ID is wrong, but they obviously do care about reward ads. Your project works fine if you simply paste in the correct iOS test IDs.

A

Andrea Sansone

Can anyone help me please? A few days ago GMS 2 runtime was updated to version -344, but testing my game on android I noticed that the YYC compiler initialized objects instead of others (With the VM compiler the game was played without problems). I downgraded the runtime and solved the problem. Today from nothing I get the usual error that comes from the Google PlayServices extension

Code:
build file '/Users/MyName/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/4Elements_B0DC71DE/Android/default/com.Sansonight.Elements/build.gradle': 50: unexpected char: '@ line 50, column 61.
     ms: play-services-games: 16.0.0 '\ r \ ncompil
                                   ^
In the past I solved this error by re-importing the extension or updating it. The extension has been updated, android studio has been updated, android SDK has been updated but I still have this message. Searching on the internet I found myself in this discussion and discovered that, despite the marketplace marking as version 3.1.3, during the import the version changes to 3.1.0. I took one from an old project and discovered that the version is 3.1.2 but still does not work. Without extension the game is compiled without any problem. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

A

Andrea Sansone

@Elevory 3.1.2 fixed the cloud bug, i don't know if it was the one you mention.

------------

the bug is caused when you use the 3.1.3 extension with the apk expansion extension or licensing extension,
if you dont use these two extensions it will compile fine.

if you look at Build file 'S:\com.company.game\build.gradle' line: 63 you will know what went wrong

this is the line, but i don't know what it means, nor the solution
That apache error happen to me too. It's cause by Licensing Extension. Try to delete and retry, it should works.

Elevory

Hmm, I'm still encountering the "alllib not found" error when trying to compile to Android. I have updated the IDE to v2.2.3.437, runtime to v2.2.3.345 and Google Play Services extension to v3.1.4:

DoSplash
DoIcon
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c "subst T: "Z:/game_F08F95E9\Android\default" && T: && cd "com.company.game" && "W:/Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" build assembleRelease -x lint "
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* Where:
Build file 'T:\com.company.game\build.gradle' line: 63
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':com.company.game'.
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED

Is anyone else still having this issue?

Build settings as follows:

SDK v28.0.3 installed via Android Studio:

Elevory

I'm still receiving this error with the latest v3.1.6 Google Play Services extension. Any suggestions would be welcome.

pipebkOT

@Elevory
Is your gms 2 actually using the lastest beta runtime? Sometimes when you download a new runtime it will not switch to that by default and you would need to Select the runtime manually to be used.