Windows BUG when renaming room

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by kakatoto, Jan 12, 2018.

1. kakatoto

kakatoto Member

Hello,

I am trying to rename some rooms by doing : right click -> rename, and then I type the new name of the room. Then I press enter (if I click somewhere in the window, its the same), but GMS2 refuses to operate the change. It goes back to the old name.

It is weird because I did that a lot of time in the past and nothing wrong happened...

ANy suggestions ?

Robert Andrews likes this.
  2. Robert Andrews

Robert Andrews Member

I have the same problem. It depends on what names I pick. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

3. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

Try checking your project folder on disk, under rooms, make sure there is not already a rogue room which already has that name. I haven't had it happen recently, but a while back when I had this issue, it was because there was already a folder with the same room name I was trying to change to, even though it wasn't present in the resource tree.

upload_2019-1-12_2-28-51.png

4. Dog Slobber

Dog Slobber Member

Could be virus protection.
    Disable any A.V. and try again.