• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Bug - Room Edit - Can't Copy Assets in the Room - SOLVED

MikiManoj

Hi all,

I have encountered a showstopper bug that was introduced in 2.3 version and need help. On Mac OS (Big Sur and Monterey), when in Room Editor, I can't copy or paste any of the assets that were added in the room. It doesn't work with mouse, touchpad, or keyboard shortcuts.

Has anybody else experienced this?

It is a showstopper and blocking me from continuing to do work on the game.

Bug confirmed in 2.3.6.595 and 2.3.5.589
Hardware: 2018 MacBook Pro 15

Thanks

SOLVED by Roldy (Menu: Gamemaker Studio 2 -> Preferences -> Redefine Keys -> Restore Defaults -> OK)

Last edited:

Roldy

Hi all,

I have encountered a showstopper bug that was introduced in 2.3 version and need help. On Mac OS (Big Sur and Monterey), when in Room Editor, I can't copy or paste any of the assets that were added in the room. It doesn't work with mouse, touchpad, or keyboard shortcuts.

Has anybody else experienced this?

It is a showstopper and blocking me from continuing to do work on the game.

Bug confirmed in 2.3.6.595 and 2.3.5.589
Hardware: 2018 MacBook Pro 15

Thanks
First thing I would suggest is to restore the key bindings.

Menu:
Gamemaker Studio 2 -> Preferences -> Redefine Keys -> Restore Defaults -> OK

Try to copy paste with Command + C, Command +V.

Second suggestion is try with a new project to determine if this is project specific.

Out of curiosity how do you try to copy paste with mouse/touchpad???

MikiManoj

First thing I would suggest is to restore the key bindings.

Menu:
Gamemaker Studio 2 -> Preferences -> Redefine Keys -> Restore Defaults -> OK

Try to copy paste with Command + C, Command +V.

Second suggestion is try with a new project to determine if this is project specific.

Out of curiosity how do you try to copy paste with mouse/touchpad???

Thank you my friend. I was able to solve the issue with your suggestion to Restore Defaults in the Preferences. I didn't make any changes to these settings prior to this so not sure why it suddenly broke.

Regarding mouse/touchpad that was incorrectly stated by me, for some reason I assumed that we could copy but remembered that it was only via keyboard shortcuts.

Again thank you, you help is much appreciated

Roldy

Thank you my friend. I was able to solve the issue with your suggestion to Restore Defaults in the Preferences. I didn't make any changes to these settings prior to this so not sure why it suddenly broke.

Regarding mouse/touchpad that was incorrectly stated by me, for some reason I assumed that we could copy but remembered that it was only via keyboard shortcuts.

Again thank you, you help is much appreciated
Glad to hear.

The whole redefine keys is a new feature. So it probably just got screwed up after the update that added the feature.