• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Bug Report - GMS hangs when trying to import

• Thread starter ReActive Game Studios LLC
  • Start date
R

ReActive Game Studios LLC

When trying to import a sprite image from this specific menu, GMS just hangs forever unless I click somewhere and I get this error. However, I can currently circumvent the issue by opening the Image Editor for the new sprite and import through that menu without any hangup at all.

I didn't have this problem until the most recent update. :(

rIKmAN

When trying to import a sprite image from this specific menu, GMS just hangs forever unless I click somewhere and I get this error. However, I can currently circumvent the issue by opening the Image Editor for the new sprite and import through that menu without any hangup at all.

I didn't have this problem until the most recent update. :(
Does this happen randomly, or is it 100% of the time every time you try it?

It sounds like it might be the Windows Deadlock bug but that isn't usually 100% reproducable and happens intermittently and when you least expect it.

R

ReActive Game Studios LLC

It happens *almost* every time since the last update. Oviously, I can still work around it, but it sure is annoying.

EDIT: Does appear to be the same or similar bug. I also cannot access the help pages because windows won't allow those pages to load. I had almost forgotten about this because I tend to look up things on YoYo's site directly through my browser.

I

immortalx

There's a high chance it's the bug rIKmAN linked because of the non 100% re-producibility, which is characteristing of that bug whether it's the file explorer or the manual failing to load. A YoYo stuff member recently said they are working with Microsoft to solve it, so it seems it's more of an OS thing than GMS2 itself.