• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Bug, mouse will stop working when leaving and entering GMS2 until i right-click somewhere

STANN.co

Also. for some reason when i do right click and return to GMS2, it will write out "r f" where ever my cursor is situated. I have no idea, and this sounds so bizzare, so i tried recording it.

This only started happening recently. But i haven't gone into any beta modes. And i've tried restarting my pc a few times as well.
It only happens in GMS2 as far as i can see, but i wouldn't be suprised if windows 10 also somehow was to blame.

I've kinda learnt to deal with it now. But because of it, it sometimes breaks my code by putting in r f randomly.
Also sometimes it'll have started dragging a window around, so i'll screw up my layout by accident because of it. Very strange

STANN.co

Also will add. I've come to notice, that when i enter GMS2 i will sometimes need to press F R and SPACE on my keyboard.
If i do not, holding down the control key will open the search and replace window, as if F was already being held down.
And my mouse will pan around the workspace whenever i click on anything on the mouse, as if SPACE is being held down.

It's as if, when i go into Gamemaker, it thinks F R and SPACE are being held down, so i need to press them again to release them??? It's not a keyboard issue i'm pretty sure. But i'll try and experiment with a different keyboard soon anyway i guess