• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer Bucket tool / magic wand for my painting software

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16767

I need a working paint bucket tool / magic wand for my painting software. If I draw a circle or rectangle or if I'm just freehand drawing, I want to fill the empty spaces instantly. It must work with GMS 2.3. I'm using layer_sprite_create with ds_lists.

My idea for it was to create an instance_create_layer with ds lists and just create new instances from point a to point b. But maybe you know how to do it better. PM me if you know how to make a magic wand / paint bucket tool and the price for it.

D

Deleted member 16767

That flood algorithm is not what I am looking for. It is basically a buffer paint that repaints a color, but with just a lot more messy code. It's also pre-generated stuff.

M

Master Maker

Can you give a clear example, clarify by image or video?

D

Deleted member 16767

After thinking hard about it, this job offer is cancelled. I still have issues with GMS not saving alpha values like I want to in an image. So I don't really want to invest more time into this software until I know that it saves the alpha values like a painting software should. Sorry to bother you all.

D

Deleted member 16767

@Sohom Sahaun I tried that algorithm again and it's really laggy for just a 1920x1080 canvas.

Furthermore, I tried my idea but failed. It would either result in a memory loss or do weird shapes. It also overwrote the layer_sprite_create, which I think is odd. It just disappeared. Well, I think I had to make instance_create_layer it's own ds_list but the mission for that is destroyed now that I know that duplicating instance_layers does not work for a flood fill.

*shrug* I have yet to see a youtube tutorial on this, explaining it in detail.

You might also like Scanline Algorithm.
Anyways, I would suggest against doing stuff like these in GameMaker. 1920x1080 is over 2 million pixels, and should not be very fast.

D

Deleted member 16767

This job offer is open again. I just can't figure out how to do it with my layer_sprite_create core code. Must support GMS 2.3+ and not be laggy.