Android Brixa: Block Push

pj_Yama

Hey folks,

Thought i'd share my work in progress mobile puzzle game & start a little devlog.

After many long train journey commutes and many many mobile puzzle games played over the years, i've been working on a love letter to my favourite bitesize puzzle games (i'm a bit of a puzzle fanatic). Push and connect blocks to reach the goal and unlock the new level, or connect every block to master the game. Discover hidden secrets, unique challenges and twists – play at your own pace with no time or move limit and unlimited undos.

Right now the progress stands at:
  • Base mechanics and level progression is in place
  • A handful of level mechanics have been completed (Lasers, Teleporters, Multiple Characters, Buttons & Gates)
  • Key game flow & UI menus are in place, but needs lots of polish!
  • 50 or so levels are done, aiming for another 50-75 at least
  • I've started iterating game feel, but it still needs a lot of juice
  • Accessibility features are WIP, i'm keen to expand this list dramatically
  • Secrets & difficult to collect coins are in place but i have nothing to spend them on yet.. ideas very welcome!
  • Audio is largely placeholder at the moment
  • VFX are minimal & very wip

I'm really excited to hear any feedback or ideas you may have, one thing i'm really keen on doing is expanding the level mechanics!

Twitter

2021-07-30 10_10_26-Created with GameMaker Studio 2.png 2021-07-30 10_09_11-Created with GameMaker Studio 2.png
2021-07-30 10_06_02-Created with GameMaker Studio 2.png 2021-07-30 10_11_15-Created with GameMaker Studio 2.png

Attachments

Last edited: