• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Bring Me Hope - A game about passion, love, and loss

Fern

Join our Discord server or follow us on Twitter for updates!
Discord
Steam
Twitter

Bring Me Hope is an adventure RPG with roguelike inspirations, drawing from other indie titles such as Risk of Rain and Enter The Gungeon. This is a story rich role playing experience with a nontraditional approach to player progression and a major focus on playtime. Mix and match your equipment to experiment with wacky combinations! Fine tune your build to match your preferred play style, and discover entirely new ways to lay out a beat down.Key Features
  • Combat with an emphasis on creativity - High stakes and fast paced.
  • Item building - Hundreds of items with a massive amount of variety. Unique passives, abilities, and more nonsense such as time travel! 48 item slots to with an additional 12 item slots for actives.
  • Story - A massive adventure that will take you from the bottom of the ocean through cities and between planes of existence. We aim to deliver carefully tuned level design, music, and branching character dialogue that leaves you wanting more.
  • Arena - Quickly develop your character and see how far you can make it against increasingly difficult waves of enemies.
  • Boss battles - Powerful and unique boss fights will challenge you, and often make you reconsider your build.
  • Hidden content - An unreasonable amount of hidden bosses and areas to explore. Discover interesting side quests and secrets.
  • Customize your experience - Easily modify the game to fit your preferences. Options include screenshake, controls, graphics, and more.
Main_Capsule.png

More screenshots

Arena.png
Hallway.png

Falling.png

Last edited:

Fern

We have begun our massive marketing push leading up to the Kickstarter! We're just days away from it now! Very exciting times.
Here's a pretty cool gif compliation showing off a few scenes from the game.

Fern

I've spent the past few days implementing verlet physics and sprite-based particle generation. It's nothing but eye candy but it does look nice!

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Looks cool. Love the art style. The movement of the camera and the character is very slick.

Keep it up! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Fern

Here with another update after two years of silence: An Intermission and Then Redemption - FERN NIGRO (fernmakesgames.com)

Once more will share a lot of snippets for those of you who hate clicking URLs.

I regularly stream the development of this game (3-4 days a week on a consistent schedule) if you're interested in seeing my process. ( FreshWaterFern - Twitch )

Keeping this thread alive is obligatory since I spent so many years on the game maker forums šŸ¤”