• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Break Out style game bat follow mouse.x issue

A

asgloki

hello Guys,
After a long break from gamemaker I am back and very rusty and will be thankful for any help I can get.

I am currently working on a basic breakout style game that is 768px wide and 1024px high, I have set the bat to follow the mouse.x which seems to work ok until the mouse moves off the screen / game room then it has to wait until the mouse gets back to the x position of the bat to move again. This is really annoying and I have tried various things to fix the issue but nothing works.

Any help would be much appreciated.

obscene

It's a coding issue, we'd have to see your code to help. Also, best to post stuff like this in the programming forum so it gets more views.

Shockman

window_mouse_set(***,mouse_y)

Edit: just noticed the date on this post.

It's a good question though and all such games should include this line for the reason you mentioned.

Last edited: