• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Boom: Hell on Moon

C

Cow

I'm making a gameboy-styled first person shooter in GMS2. So far so good, it was hard for me to figure out the rendering after making so many things with the D3D functions but I think I am finally comfortable with it.

It's a spiritual successor to JW's Boom game which I now realise is over 7 years old. I liked it a lot at the time, and wanted something fun and simple to distract from my main project.

It's more or less a Doom clone.

I'll post cool gifs on my twitter, as always. I'll also post a playable once I add a level and also figure out what is crashing the game on exit (most likely the matrix or format definition functions, please let me know if you have any ideas of what it might be).

M

MEITdev

Wow!! looks very GBlike :) When can we expect a playable demo? ;)

C

Cow

Recently added multiple elevation levels, doors, smoother collisions, and worked on the HUD. Put in placeholder sprites from DoomRL that are close to what I'll be going for visually.

No news on a demo or build yet. I suspect it'll be a couple months at the current rate of development. If you're curious though you can check out the source on my Github (smketterer) and play around with it yourself.

F

Felipe Rybakovas

This is very nice indeed! =) I know you're trying to achieve the GB aesthetics, but a little red shader for effects would be nice too...

F

FROGANUS

Yeah those 'squatty' RL sprites scale perfectly for that low-ceiling look. nice overall look!