Team Request BOOM 3D

S

Soren11112

BOOM 3D is a game attempting to follow the same style as DOOM 3D. It will officially be 2D even though it will be rendered to appear 3D. I plan for it to either be a stealth-action FPS or a purely action based FPS. I am currently looking for an artist(nothing that hard just pixel art) and an assistant programmer. Both would be unpaid but a percentage of all revenue made will be distributed.

F

FisherG

I could help you in both departments. (Leading more towards programming)

Send me the project through my email so I could see what I'm getting myself into.
Also I want more information. (% of revenue; How much of the game is already completed; etc.)
And will we be using GM:8 or GM:S

Email : [email protected]

Also how will we both work on the same project? Source control? Constantly updating a dropbox file?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Soren11112

Git/Github would be best. I am fairly sure GM: Professional also has some sort of project sharing although I am not certain.

M

MrRoyal86

i can be a programmer (Im only 13 years old and i am looking for a project to learn how to work with a team) i know the basics + some i have a leveling system that i can bring and other ideas

S

Soren11112

Jelly yes that is impressive, I'd love to work with you. Here is what I said to FisherG:
The general gameplay would be a stealth focused but also have some platforming and action elements. About revenue, it would be evenly divided between every person that contributes a substantial amount of time to the project, such as if just you and I worked on it then you would get 50%[now would be 33%]. Currently, mostly, complete is the 3D rendering system, general gameplay mechanics, and enemy AI. Also, I would like you to tell me what general atmosphere you would like to provide (such as sci-fi or dungeon), I usually find this best left up to an artist. Personally, I prefer GM: S to GM: 8 so GM: S. I appreciate the help.

M

MrRoyal86

so i can program for you

would it be possible for you to send me a executable and the gml file

S

Soren11112

MrRoyal it is currently not in a playable state. I will be delegating tasks.

M

MrRoyal86

so i cant have a gml file

just to see what there is

S

Soren11112

No, because also, if you are lying I don't want this code leaked.

M

MrRoyal86

bro im 13 years old, i dont even know were to put it i just want to know what i am working with

you sent it to the other guy

and im really exicted to work on my first job

S

Soren11112

Jelly, I already told you the theme(dungeons/sci-fi) details and stuff so would you be willing to work on some sort of weapon in first-person? I want to give you as much freedom as possible so do what you think looks best. I am going to assume you have already seen Doom 3D and know what I am talking about, if not look at some pictures of Doom 3D.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Guys, guys, guys... calm down a notch, please. :)

The Collaborations forum is a place to look for and find collaboration partners. It is not a public chat room. If you want to discuss team-internal project-related stuff, please do so in a group PM. Also, I'd like to remind everyone that we have a bumping rule here on this community... and it hasn't exactly been respected a lot in this topic. I suggest giving the community guidelines another read.