• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Books on GM:S 2

C

Casual Sprite

+1

I would very much like to know if there are any books planned for GMS2.
I own few official books for GMS, but its kinda becoming non relevant now.

Kindly let us know if anything is in the works! :)
Thanks,
- CS.

Why would anyone write a book based off on an IDE that is still deep in beta and could change drastically over the next few months? I'd say wait a couple of years and then start looking.

C

Casual Sprite

Why would anyone write a book based off on an IDE that is still deep in beta and could change drastically over the next few months?
Because writing books takes a considerable amount of time, especially in this field (quality books that is). The writing process starts far earlier than you imagine, probably around beta time. Writers also have access to materials users often don't, as they collaborate with the subject of their book.

All we want to know if there are books in the works so we can support the writer (s). As you know writers often don't get compensated enough for their time/art.

I would be first in line to pre-order if Shaun ever wrote a book.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackquake

I'd be 2nd in line. :) Shaun's 1.4/2.x videos and Nocturne's posts have taught me all I know so far. Thank you both!

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Because writing books takes a considerable amount of time, especially in this field (quality books that is). The writing process starts far earlier than you imagine, probably around beta time. Writers also have access to materials users often don't, as they collaborate with the subject of their book.
Is this claim based on anything in particular? In-development software is subject of large and unforeseen changes, to the point where currently even the manual entries are periodically incorrect because of how many things change between releases.