Boingkid™

FHD

Hi,

Here is Boingkid™, a brand new action puzzle platformer title.

Screenshots_02_Boingkid.jpg

I have been working on this game for a couple of months since January 2015. I used to work on it on my spare times while I do jobs as a freelance artist. I am doing both coding and visual development for this title but I put most of my time on coding rather than visual development, so still a lot of ideas to add and enrich the environment and atmosphere of the game.
Would love to know your thoughts and keep in touch.

Please Follow Boingkid™ on:
facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Boingkid/
twitter:
https://twitter.com/NivStudio

Boingkid_announcment.jpg

Story:

Boingkid™
is a newcomer into magical and mysterious realm of toys.
When he wakes up for the first time he finds himself with no instruction manual, lost pieces and hidden purpose of his creation as a toy. He later found the old Fortress of 1001 Manuals, only there the Big Old Manual knows how every toy functions and what the purpose of their creation is in the realm of toys and the worlds beyond.

After finding the Big Old one, Boingkid noticed that even the Big old manual doesn't know the functionality of him. Some pages left blank or has been removed mysteriously from the book. Now, only the toy himself can solve this mystery by entering into Chambers of Destiny. In hope of finding light beats and receiving guidance from them. They will reveal the unknown toys' abilities and will light up the path to their lost answers.

Boingkid™ and the Chambers of Destiny is in fact the first episode of Boingkid's story.

More:

Boingkid has a look of 1930s toys, maybe a simple and plain one, but there is a creative mix for his legs and feet. He got a spring for his legs and a suction cup as his feet, so he would be able to perform super jumps and stick to flat surfaces... WATCH OUT for the greasy walls !

Boingkid™ got inspirations from worlds of Mickey Mouse, but did you know that it is actually another story of a toy from Italy?

Cover-page_2_3.jpg

Some Screen shots:

Screenshots_03.jpg

Screenshots_04.jpg

Last edited:

kupo15

Interesting for sure, the music in the trailer is great! Was that created for your game? Is your game actually TMed or did you just put it there?

FHD

Interesting for sure, the music in the trailer is great! Was that created for your game? Is your game actually TMed or did you just put it there?
Hi, Thanks. No I just had it some where in my Hard drive with no more information. But it is close to the theme of the game. I have talked already with a composer for Original sound tracks but he is still busy with his previous job to focus on Boingkid. I will re-upload another video(most likely delete this one) with a OST since I am not satisfied with over all quality of the video myself and I also updated some graphical aspects which are not in the video.

Both character and the name are registered and have applications on file in Copyright and Trademark offices in North America and Canada. As a result, I am glad to say that there is no identical character to Boingkid, so we will hopefully meet an Original icon as a new platformer hero.

L

Lgmsfan

Your Game is looking cool Music is nice too

If i was going to give any suggestions i would say keep touching up on your level art to make BoingKid more to
the Magic that is your Poster artwork.

I WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR GAME MAKING.

dphsw

Your video hurts my eyes a bit, when there's a lot of collectibles on the screen with their bright flashing. I'd suggest either making them a bit less bright or slowing down the flashing effect, maybe making it more of a half-second fade between two colours rather than a sudden flash.

FHD

our Game is looking cool Music is nice too

If i was going to give any suggestions i would say keep touching up on your level art to make BoingKid more to
the Magic that is your Poster artwork.

I WISH YOU WELL IN YOUR GAME MAKING.
Thank you very much for your feedback. I admit it.
Despite the fact that my first expertise is graphic design, I spent most of my time for coding the core mechanics. I hope to fund the project to focus deeply on the visual development part.

Last edited:

FHD

Your video hurts my eyes a bit, when there's a lot of collectibles on the screen with their bright flashing. I'd suggest either making them a bit less bright or slowing down the flashing effect, maybe making it more of a half-second fade between two colours rather than a sudden flash.
Thank you very much for your feedback and I apologize for any visual disturbance.
The Light beats choose their value randomly, but I will definitely improve it as you requested. That was very helpful, thanks.

kupo15

I think things move far too fast for the aesthetic you are going for. If you want things to be magical you need it to be slower to appreciate your art and animations and everything. Things like the spring mechanic goes by so fast I can barely even process what's going on before its done. Things like that should be a slower arc to see the whole travel experience. The only thing I saw that was closer to a good pace was when he slid down the wall.

I think the rest of your graphics will improve as they are still prototypish so I'm not worried about that but I can see things looking solid when the pacing and flow of the movements are a bit less frantic combined with the future polished art

FHD

I think things move far too fast for the aesthetic you are going for. If you want things to be magical you need it to be slower to appreciate your art and animations and everything. Things like the spring mechanic goes by so fast I can barely even process what's going on before its done. Things like that should be a slower arc to see the whole travel experience. The only thing I saw that was closer to a good pace was when he slid down the wall.
Very good hints. Thanks. After reading your post I spent some time and tested and reduced his speed while he performs a super jump, and I believe it is far more better now, thanks to you.
Because I have already reduced the speed of the game in comparison to its early versions, I prefer to go with the feedbacks of actual testers again.

I think the rest of your graphics will improve as they are still prototypish so I'm not worried about that but I can see things looking solid when the pacing and flow of the movements are a bit less frantic combined with the future polished art
Yes, of course. This is a work in progress. Thanks for your helpful comments.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

The promotional art is stunning. The video looked really cool. If this isn't on the official GameMaker Showcase yet, it definitely needs to be!

FHD

The promotional art is stunning. The video looked really cool. If this isn't on the official GameMaker Showcase yet, it definitely needs to be!
Dear Samuel, Thanks for your kind words.
Hopefully I will ask Yoyogames to add it to GameMaker showcase, God willing, but not now, still a lot of work to do. ;)

FHD

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am excited to let you know that former Ubisoft composers joined me for performing Boingkid™'s Original Sound Tracks.
They have worked for Ubi for a decade on many well-known titles and their recent work was Joe Dever's Lone Wolf.
Boingkid™'s potential to became a new icon in gaming universe was their main reason for our collaboration.
Boingkid™ still needs your help, please support him by giving him a 'Like' on : http://www.facebook.com/Boingkid/

upload_2017-8-21_15-43-27.jpeg

Thanks in advance for your support, Stay Tune for more news! ;)

T

The Magic Circle

This is gorgeous! How did you get Ubisoft's former composers in on this? Congratulations on all the press, by the way.

FHD

This is gorgeous! How did you get Ubisoft's former composers in on this? Congratulations on all the press, by the way.
Thank you very much dear.

It is a long story, but the short is (hope it is short): Boingkid™ and I participated last year in GameRome 2016 for its first world premium, I didn't noticed but they had came to Boingkid™ table when I wasn't there for a minute or two, and they collected my contact information, after I returned home they contact me,... these guys are stars but very humble, true gentlemen, I shocked when I noticed and ask them to read the plot, and I think they like it. And it all started....

Thanks again for your kind words. Boingkid™ could be an ambitious title so it definitely needs our community support to reach its destination to rest. Please support him with a Like on the Facebook page. Thanks!
http://www.facebook.com/Boingkid/

FHD

Hello everyone!
Boingkid™ Early Access version is now available on itch.io,
You can get your hands on the first 25 levels of Chambers of Destiny,
please also let your fellow gamers know about it. ;)

upload_2017-11-4_23-54-17.jpeg

Get it from here!
We still need your support for our kickstarter campaign to spread the word.
follow us:
http://www.Boingkid.com

FHD

Hello everyone,

The Early Access version is now Free and updated.
If you found any issue please let us know.
Thank you very much.​

lolslayer

The game looks quite great, but there is one thing that REALLY bothers me:

Boingkid™, the hero, the little toy with the potential to be a new icon in gaming universe
Don't get ahead of yourself, a game figure becoming an icon in the gaming universe is close to impossible, and while your character is unique enough to fit right next to them, don't expect it to join the ranks. I know that you want to hype up the game, but setting the expectations too high isn't a good thing to do.

FHD

I understand, thank you very much for your wise advice. I admit it...But:
Any character grows under consideration of our community, they don't grow by themselves.
And BTW this is not just to set up the community's expectations too high but I am showing that I already have this expectation from myself
and the character which I intended to spend my life on, hopefully, in the upcoming years.
It will not make it, if there will be not enough attention from both sides and now my attention needs your support.

I have some experience from previous projects that my audience(like you) may not know which I hope help me to make Boingkid™ what our hopes deserve.
Help me so this potential doesn't remain as the potential and I really apologize I didn't want to bother, just trying to stand out of crowd and asking for help.
Time is running...

FHD

Hello everyone!
Boingkid™ Website is live. If you like to be the first one to hear from Boingkid™
please subscribe to our mailing list there on the website.
Stay Tuned!

upload_2017-11-14_15-26-20.jpeg

FHD

Hello Everyone!

We have expanded the early access version to 30 chambers(Levels)!

Boing in and put your platforming skills to the test and help Boingkid

to discover his hidden abilities, explore the magical chambers and follow

the Light beats!

https://niv-studio.itch.io/boingkid-ea

FHD

A review about Boingkid by Rolander a young Hungarian YouTuber.
(English subtitles included).

FHD

Hi
It is a while now from my last post.
Boingkid™ project some how suspended in these years, but I am glad to let you know that I am returning to the project.

The first version was more or less a prototype so there are a lot of work to do. Stay tuned because there may be a great surprise!
Please don't forget to subscribe on http://www.Boingkid.com to receive newsletters in your inbox.

So many thanks!

HighlandCoo

Your art is wonderful, though I am sure you are used to hearing that by now! :D

The game looks pretty good, but I'm concerned about the movement mechanics. from watching the trailer he appears to "boing" like a pogo-stick to move? It just looks really jarring and actually a bit frustrating to watch.

Maybe it plays better than it looks? But I would suggest intead expanding on the "boing" mechanic and having him do very large jumps then you can "boing" off the walls and floors to keep going. Maybe only "boing" if you correctly align your character?

Just a suggestion! Best of luck!

Reactions: FHD

FHD

Your art is wonderful, though I am sure you are used to hearing that by now! :D

The game looks pretty good, but I'm concerned about the movement mechanics. from watching the trailer he appears to "boing" like a pogo-stick to move? It just looks really jarring and actually a bit frustrating to watch.

Maybe it plays better than it looks? But I would suggest intead expanding on the "boing" mechanic and having him do very large jumps then you can "boing" off the walls and floors to keep going. Maybe only "boing" if you correctly align your character?

Just a suggestion! Best of luck!
Thank you very much.
He may have 3 speed movements, one a slow regular walking movement, second, the pogo like movement as you mentioned and the third one, speed run as he flip up his suction cup and move on it similar to a wheel. The 3rd movement can be a Sonic speed run but I don't want to repeat that game play of Sonic the hedgehog.

Last edited:

FHD

Hello everyone,

I am thrilled to announce that the first episode of Boingkid's comic series is released!
You can check it on Webtoon, just click on the banner:

I have also launched my Patreon account
So you can follow the full comic episodes and get more contents such as:
Behind-the-scene, concept arts, discounts and Game development tips.
Your support is highly appreciated.

FHD

Hello Everyone,

Boingkid™ joined the Comic Relief for Red Nose day to fight against poverty.
We have a great bundle with 3 products with 15% OFF.
It includes:
2 Comic stories of Boingkid
+ Boingkid (Early Access PC version) Game

Half of your payment will go for the charity activities, so please support us on this occasion.

1616412010221.jpeg

Buy the Bundle Now:
https://itch.io/s/47781/red-nose-day-charity

Enjoy!​

FHD

Hello Everyone,
The development of Boingkid game, Boingkid and the Chambers of Destiny
started in early 2014 in my spare times, posponed several times because I have lost my beloved father in 2014 and
I returned to it frequently during these years whenever I had time to do a quality work. I started its comic series in early 2019 and
now succeeded to have a signed contract and release Boingkid Adventures on ZINIO a worldwide digital newsstand for all things magazines, comics and news.
NOW available on Apple App Store(iTunes) and Google Play.
I also turned some of the designs into merchandised products on Redbubble. So make sure to have a look and festive yourself with a collection of good ones
or for your beloved ones!
If you afraid to miss these links, just remember to reach the official website: www.Boingkid.com
I updated the website with a focus on all available products and their links.

Facebook-Ads.jpg

Boingkid and Chambers of Destiny will host several different worlds with some of the nostalgic
platformer gameplays that I will try to share with you here.
You can also request your own favorite world with the retro pixel art style that you like to see in the game.
Some the fans have already requested these sites for Boingkid and Chambers of Destiny:
  • World War II
  • More puzzle levels than platforming that force you to think and use your Spring mechanically
  • Graveyard
  • Limbo
  • Desert and Sahara
  • Jungle
  • Persian Locations
  • Moon

The main corridors and chambers will always be an uncharted part of Realm of Toys which interconnect the worlds together.

Now it is your turn!
Please mention below the historic places and human destinies that you wish to explore with Boingkid in his epic journey through magical Chambers of Destiny
in search of his purpose of design and creation.

After you answered, please visit the website: www.Boingkid.com
subscribe to the list and enjoy the other products specially the comics
which tells the stories that happened before the events of the game. :)