• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Blurry screen when resizing the game window

Hello everyone! Its been a long time sense I've been here, but maybe you guys can help me. :p
My issue is actually pretty simple, but I can't find a way to fix it.
My game window is set to 768x200 when the game first starts (because its a login menu which is not that big)
the game window is then set to 1024x768 when you finish logging in, this is where the issue shows up. the screen seems super stretched as if it was drawing at 768x200 and stretching to fit the canvas. I've tried many methods to fix this, but I couldn't find any that worked. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :bunny:

RangerX

If you want to prevent stretching, you need to have "keep aspect ratio" checked in the graphic tab of the global options.
The blur occured either because the game is stretched or because its resized by a factor that is not an integer. You can always remove the blur though, there's a function to turn off "interpolation". Search that word in the index of the manual to find the function -- I don't know it by heart.

hogwater

GM uses the size of your first room as the "default" for the game. I don't remember if this is the application surface or what. Read about it in the manual.

GM uses the size of your first room as the "default" for the game. I don't remember if this is the application surface or what. Read about it in the manual.
Okay this worked! I just had to create an empty room with a simple object to take you to the login room. Thanks for the help!

L

Linkdeous

If your game is blurry when you resized object using image_xscale and image_yscale, sometimes disabling the "Interpolate color between pixel" in the graphics tab of the General game settings can help, but it's best not touching those functions, and just resizing your game properly using views