• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D Blur around Sniper rifle scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, im working on a little project, i only started a few days ago and its going pretty well. Its a fist person shooter and i am trying to get a blur effect for the scope.
my sniper scope is the second image and i am trying to get a blur effect around the sniper scope like in the third image, how would i go about doing this?0.png 1.png ghostsscopegui.jpg

J

Jaqueta

You can copy the content of the application_surface into a custom surface, apply a gaussian blur shader to it, and then set the Alpha of the surface to the shape of the scope by using draw_set_colour_write_enable, I didn't tested yet, but IN THEORY, it should work (or it won't, I dunno tbh, I would test this myself, but I can't do it right now)!

Apparently, I was kinda wrong, I forgot about the blend mode, anyway, check out if this helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can copy the content of the application_surface into a custom surface, apply a gaussian blur shader to it, and then set the Alpha of the surface to the shape of the scope by using draw_set_colour_write_enable, I didn't tested yet, but IN THEORY, it should work (or it won't, I dunno tbh, I would test this myself, but I can't do it right now)!

Apparently, I was kinda wrong, I forgot about the blend mode, anyway, check out if this helps you.
Thanks, i will look into it..

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
As has been pointed out, you already have a topic for this subject: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...rent-outline-around-sprite.18456/#post-117905
If you didn't explain yourself well enough there, then please use the EDIT button and edit the original post, byt do not post duplicate topics. The same goes for multi-posting. If you have things to add to a topic and noone else has posted, use the EDIT button to add to your last post rather than triple posting... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.