• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Blood swarm

S

steveyg90

Added some form of 'blood swarm' effect to background for my game, meant to look like swarms of blood drops being blown around. Small video here so what you think: (Please note this does run at over 4000fps and is dead smooth, just video encoding makes it look a little jerky)

pixeltroid

Its a good effect....for something like fireflies or dust particles.

But blood doesnt float around like that. :/ IDK....maybe its supernatural blood or something. It still looks good!

BTW how did you make that effect??

Last edited:
S

steveyg90

Its a good effect....for something like fireflies or dust particles.

But blood doesnt float around like that. :/ IDK....maybe its supernatural blood or something. It still looks good!

BTW how did you make that effect??
Yeah, supernatural blood sounds better. I just created an object that manages each of the blood 'objects', each blood object uses some math I hacked together to get that effect ;-)