Article Blog post from YoYo about their indie game publishing

G

Guy_Typing

So today I found this recent blog post from yoyo and it says that yoyo is setting up their own publishing and that projects that are far along in development should submit their projects.

https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/471/yoyo-games-indie-game-publishing

The thing I don't get and what it doesn't really explain is the why. Like, why should I do this, what is yoyo going to bring to the table? Are they doing marketing for the developer or what, I really don't know and am seriously curious.

They have a follow up FAQ blog that doesn't really explain anything at all from this angle other than to say they won't be doing any funding for the developer. Okay, so then why? I still don't understand the why. What does the developer get out of it. I actually don't even know what YoYo is getting out of it. Deals without transparency are highly suspicious.

If this has already been discussed elsewhere in the forum can someone link me? Thanks.
Else, I look forward to the discussion and insight you guys can provide. Thanks again!

Edit: The more I read the blog post the more it reads like a team request in the collaboration forums. "Looking for a programmer and artist and musician, must make original number one games, no pay, possible revenue share. Please send all your life's work, who knows if and when you will get a response. We are figuring it out as we go along."

Last edited:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
There's a topic for that announcement, you know. Maybe post there instead, although most of your points here have already been debated between members and clarified by staff.

G

Guy_Typing

@YellowAfterlife Excellent, thanks. Makes sense, I figured I was a bit late to the party and this stuff had been discussed. I'll check it out now.