Moded Minecraft SkyBlock 2D - BlockDue

Jorg Gjer

Logo630-500.png
Hi.

BlockDue is a SkyBlock 2D experience. Like Minecraft, starting on a floating island.
There are 50 achievements that will guide you to the end goal.
Build a rocket fill it with fuel.
On your journey, you have to survive, fight enemies, generate power, build farms, etc...

V.040 - Save & Load your progress.
V.041 - Animal power.
V.0.42 - Stage 2.
V.0.44 - Return Home
V.0.45 - Due Update

All feedback is very welcome.

Download at Itch.io

Greeting Kaizen

Last edited:

Jorg Gjer

Hi again.

I think you can see what way this is taking.
Been working on different mechanics , like water and lava.
There is still much i want to add before i post a playable version.
Just wanted to show you a new screenshot.
Greeting Kaizen

BlockDue_Screenshot2.png

Jorg Gjer

Hi again all.
Been working on the day & night cycle. And tourches. Here is the result. So hurry , get some tourches going before the night falls. :)
Lightning.png

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
If you are intrested in see some work in progress , you can watch me working on Youtube.
Have 16 episodes out now and they will keep comming.
So far I been working on pistons. Make em placable and move blocks in four directions.

Watch me working

Greeting Kaizen

Jorg Gjer

This is the first playable version.
Now it's a skyblock time challenge. Can you reach top 10 ?
The game has some more stuff added. It's up to you to find out.
Would be happy if you post some screen images of what you create or find out about the mechanics.
I know of a lot of bugs I will work on.

Download BlockDue from Itch.io

CoverImage630-500.png

Last edited:

Jorg Gjer

Hi all.
New update. V037.
All the tables/inventory now have a background image.
I changed how the furnace work. It's now more intuitive.
The crafting table now have a button for viewing recepies.

I will be very thankful for any feedback or an image post showing what you have been able to figure out and constructed.

Kaizen

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

Hit boxes for blocks where sometimes off. I could only hit them from one side of the block.
Crafting was bit confusing for me at first. These recipes would dissapear when i moved mouse away from question mark. Maybe place where recipes are shown and where you do crafting could be in different places. Also having to hold e to keep it open was bit annoing.
Game told to make coal but i couldnt figure out how to use furnace. I tried putting lava bucket there with other elements but nothing seemed to happen.
Couldnt see anything during night. I know you are supposed to make torches, but it would be nice to see atleast where the character is.
I think it would be nice if objects name would be shown somewhere when hovering with mouse.

blockdue.png
Water physics were bit odd :D

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
Thank you so much for your feedback.
The thing with the hitbox is that you need to stand a bit away from the block you want to break. It's to make sure you don't set a block on your self.
Yes, the recipes disappear when you move your mouse away from the question mark. If you already put some items on the table they will reappear.
I first show the crafting recipes on the side of the table but felt it was cleaner to show them in the table.
But I did as you suggested and there is now a text on top of the table saying the name of the item. (Next version)
Coal... I can see that you don't play Minecraft. If you put wood in the upper right and down in the furnace, one wood will burn the other one to coal.
Could not see during the night... As soon as you hold a touch you have light. At this stage, the game is a time challenge. If you don't have a light before the night, I suggest, restart and go again.
Yes, water physics are a bit odd. There are some parts of the water physics I want to work on.

I guess you don't know how to make a cobblestone generator, (See you have obsidian in inventory on the image).
Water on flowing lava creates stone.

Again, thank you for your feedback Yrbiax.

Kaizen

Last edited:

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
New update. V038
Added:
Sugar cane. Plant and grow to make paper.
Block breaker. Brakes the block in front if has power. (Hold shift and left click to turn)
Mill. A windmill to generate power.
Connector. To insert or extract power, place on machine or just at a pole. (Hold shift and left click to turn)
Wire: Drag between connectors to move power.

Recipes added: Paper , slime (Cook cactus in furnace), casing , millblade, connector,wire,mill & blockbeaker.

Download at Itch.io

Happy for all feedback.

Greeting.

BlockDue_ScreenshotV038.png

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
New update. V040

V0.40 - Load & Save update.

Added:
First of all now you can save and load your progress. This is a huge step in development, and I'm happy to have it done. A system built on this tutorial. All credit to GM Wolf.
Pistons now push items. ( + some piston bugfixes. )
Some sound is added.
Rebuilt day, night system. (Sun/Moon is in the middle of the screen at midday)

Download at Itch.io

Last edited:

Jorg Gjer

New update.
V 0.41

Added:
MaxItems (Every type has a max in slot value)
Cauldrun. (Holds water & Lava. Insert stone with a heatsource under to make lava)
Glass. (Cook sand to make glass)
Duck. (Lay on egg to make ducklings. Good food)
Sticky piston. (Bring back your blocs)
Infuser. (This machine use power to convert glass to redstone)
Battery. (For storing power)
Ironingot. Can now drop from breaking stone.
First music. There is now a test song in the game.
Dirtblock got new texture;

Items
Egg,duckmeat,cookedduck.ironingot.

Download at Itch.io

BlockDue_ScreenshotV041.png

Jorg Gjer

New update:
V.0.42 - The Stage 2 update.
This update is focused on adding a lot of new achievements that culminates in a new offering challenge.
There are now two scoreboards. Stage one is the easy part. Are you able to finish stage 2?
Then you have a good chance to reach the top 10. It's not an easy task, but do your challenges and you will be on your way.

Ass always, all feedback is very welcome.

BlockDue_ScreenshotV042.png

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
Maybe it looks like Crazy machines in the last picture, but BlockDue is much different. It is more like moded Minecraft skyblock but in 2D.
Kaizen

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
Yes, create a Cauldron and place a touch or lava under it. Then place a cobblestone in it. Give it some time and you will get lava.
Kaizen

Jorg Gjer

I get a lot of questions about how to craft different stuff. In the Crafting bench, there is a book. If you hover over it and click the left or right mouse button, you will cycle through all recepies.
Kaizen

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
New Update: V 0.44 Return Home.
The list of new items added to the game is too big.
I added a full stage 3 with a new high score list for those who can reach the final goal.
The final goal is to build a rocket, fill it with fuel and return home.
Your journey to get there will be guided by more than 50 achievements.

This is more like a finished game now, with hours of gameplay.
There is still a lot of bugs, but in a creative game like this with endless possibilities, it's not easy to find them all.
So if you find any please report back here.

Any suggestions for changes will be well appreciated.

Download the latest versions at https://yepp73gmailcom.itch.io/blockdue

Kaizen

Jorg Gjer

Hi.
I made a Tutorial on how to make the Inventory system I used in this game.
Here you can see the post about it.

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Ok, i played it again. I am slowly getting hang of it.

blockDue2.png

I think you could give little bit vision during night. It is really frustrating having to wait for like a minute if you didnt get torches.
Also i would like to see name of the item when hovered with mouse. For example i have no idea what that item is between wood and bucket.
I think i had almost same feedback previously :D

Sometimes i feel like trees were not generating any apples. I got stuck few times, but i started to use save/load to make sure that i am making atleast some progress :D

Jorg Gjer

Hi Yrbiax. Thank you so much for your feedback.
You made some progress, but it's not easy to know what to do if you never played minecraft.
But you managed to get light. There is an achievement in the game for getting the light before the night.
There is not much you need to do to get the light going. Just restart the game, and try again if you did not manage to get light before the night.
I added your suggestion. If you hover over the item with the mouse you will see the name of the item after a little while. (Version not released yet)
The item between wood and bucket, is an iron nugget. You need 9 to get a bar.
Using the save and load function can help you a lot.

Here is an image of how to make a block generator. Later in the game, you can automate it with a block breaker.
Skjermbilde 2024-01-07 191232.png

Again Tnx for your feedback Yrbiax and say if there is any help you need on the game Centrist.

Last edited: