Game Mechanics Blockchain in Farming game

Sourav

I am totally new to blockchain . I developed a simple farming game with gamemaker studio 2 . Now i want to use blockchain here just for self-learning. Can anyone give me some advice about it and if it is possible please provide any source of related course(free/paid).

Thanks in advance.

Dupletor

1- Is your processing power centralized?
2- Is there anyone that can be trusted in your system?
3- Does the order of which the blocks enter your chain matter, not only depending on time (which can be replaced by a digitally signed timestamp?)

If any of those apply, do NOT use blockchain for your system. You are being fooled by the buzzword if you do. Like 99.9% of applicants are.
Protip: Unless it's strictly a monetary transaction, there is zero need for it in any known way, ignore anyone who say otherwise without proving that their "new paradigm" doesn't apply to ANY of those 3 questions.

Cpaz

1- Is your processing power centralized?
2- Is there anyone that can be trusted in your system?
3- Does the order of which the blocks enter your chain matter, not only depending on time (which can be replaced by a digitally signed timestamp?)

If any of those apply, do NOT use blockchain for your system. You are being fooled by the buzzword if you do. Like 99.9% of applicants are.
Protip: Unless it's strictly a monetary transaction, there is zero need for it in any known way, ignore anyone who say otherwise without proving that their "new paradigm" doesn't apply to ANY of those 3 questions.
This.

To echo even further, block chain's primary purpose was to ensure transaction security thanks to its immutability.

I'm not even sure how block chain could be used from a design perspective. Especially in a single player experience. An argument could be made for transactions on an mmo server, for example. But even then, many might consider it overkill.

But if you're interested in the subject, I'd recommend looking into it independent from GM. I'm not sure if there's a good way integrating the two.

TheWaffle

Its your game, do what you want, call it what you want .......
:D

then, if you are worried about security, use a custom encryption method.... the root of BC is advanced encryption between users.
If you code a save system where players can trade inventory, but you keep encrypted to prevent hacking .....
call it what you want ....

for most GM games, you could even leave it in a text file (in plain text) and very few would even look at it....
Let history be your guide ... if you have had a game with over 1000 players .... encrypt it, if over 10000 make it complicated,
over 100000 .... BC it ....

most GM games never make it over 1000. Even more unlikely on first launch. So, for your Alpha release, no encryption at all.
This will help with bug reports ... When ready for Beta, add simple encryption ... When ready for Steam add advanced encryption...
No need to pull your hair out on supper-duper-encryption until you have a fully functional MMO on your second full release.

but,
do what you want.
GM is here to have fun.

kraifpatrik

(edited)
GameMaker Dev.
Existing blockchains like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano are open source so I'd start with reading their official whitepapers and documentations and going through their source code on GitHub. I'm sure there will be plenty of learning resources on the technology on Google when you try searching "programming blockchain" or something similar 🙂

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
If you want a chain of potatoes harvested by the farmer using a machine as heavy as a block... I'm afraid I can't help you. Maybe pre-ordering "Farming Simulator 2022" will give you inspiration.