• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Blank run screen

E

Elibart

Hi, I’ve been following the tutorial for drag and drop, after getting a little of the way through, the run screen works but after a while the run screen is blank and I can’t do any more with the game. It’s a free version running on a Mac. I have no experience with game making but I want to learn so I can teach my son. I’ve looked through the threads and I’ve only seen people talk about a blank run screen with an error code. Mine isn’t showing up an error code.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! Welcome to the GMC... :)

When you say "after a while" do you mean that you run the game and it works, but after playing for a while it goes blank? Or is this that it was working but after a while working on it it's blank every time you start the game? And when you say "blank" do you mean it's just a black screen? Finally, if it was working previously and it's not now, do you remember what you added or changed? Could you go back and remove these changes or undo them (ie: remove any actions you've added etc...)?

E

Elibart

Yes it was working previously ( a few times ) and by about the 3rd time or so it was blank (all black) I kept staring a new project and followed the same tutorial each time and I would encounter the same problem at different stages in making the game. And I was only at the stage of getting the sprite to start shooting. When I get the chance I’ll try undoing the last action to see if that works. Thank you for your reply

M

Matt Hawkins

If you click the "project asset compiler cache" button before you compile your project it may fix this problem. ( it's the button with a picture of a little broom, it's so cute.)

E

Elibart

Thanks for the reply but it still came up with a black screen. The screen will display the GameMaker logo, as if it’s going to run but still nothing. I also tried the bug button but it came up black too

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Since it's only the tutorial project, would you be willing to share it with us to look at? I've not seen an issue like this with the tutorial before, so seeing what you've got would be a big help. Upload it to dropbox or onedrive or something and post the link.

E

Elibart

Since it's only the tutorial project, would you be willing to share it with us to look at? I've not seen an issue like this with the tutorial before, so seeing what you've got would be a big help. Upload it to dropbox or onedrive or something and post the link.
Hi, just wondering if you had the chance to look at the link I posted. I would really appreciate the help or even steer me in the right decision.