• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows BLACK SCREEN WHEN LAUNCHING GAME

H

H2gimo

Hello there I'm relatively very new to Game Maker however I had a gotten alil understanding as to setting up a game, and in doing so in launching the game in Game Maker Studio 2, and the screen was all black. What is this and how can I fix this?

So you're saying you had used GameMaker successfully before, but when you converted the game to studio 2 it gave a black screen? Is it possibly showing the wrong room? Show us the error log after you run the game (bottom of the gamemaker window)

H

H2gimo

Sorry about the great lag I was on a trip and didn't have access to replying. But basically I haven't used GameMaker only GameMaker 2 and when I was launching a new "game" the screen was black.