• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Black screen when hitting Run to test game

J

jcchap

I've used Gamemaker Studio 2 before with no issues. Recently, I've opened an old project, and when I hit Run, there is nothing but a black screen. The project was successfully converted to 2.3 when opened so I don't think it's a compatibility issue. The game would run successfully before (last opened 5-6 months ago).

I opened the sample YoYo Dungeon project to see if it was an issue with my project, but YoYo Dungeon also just shows a black screen (see below). The only other issue I can think of is that my antivirus blocked igor.exe when I first tried to Run my project. I allowed the exe in my antivirus and reinstalled Gamemaker, but the problem remains. None of the existing topics on black screen issues like this have helped.

Follow imgur link to play the gif:

pixeltroid

Hey I used to experience the same issue.

But whenever I disabled my graphics card and then pressed "Run", it would start playing normally. šŸ˜

Try that and see if it works.

J

jcchap

Hey I used to experience the same issue.

But whenever I disabled my graphics card and then pressed "Run", it would start playing normally. šŸ˜

Try that and see if it works.
Hmm. Didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion!