• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Black screen on run

I'm on a new 16-inch MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4 using the latest version of GameMaker Studio 2 (Dec. '19)

When I launch my game (F5), the launch screen goes black - and stops responding, accompanied with the Spinning Beachball and I must force quit.

I recently transferred my project from my old iMac (which also had Catalina), yet ran fine - and ever since I transferred I have been having this issue.

My project is not that large and I think it may be a graphics preference setting?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Felbar

I am on same catalina version (mac mini tho) and have had no problems
the only graphic setting i can think of that would cause an issue is texture page size
Game options->Platform Settings->MacOs->Graphics
but theMacBook Pro should be even more capable then my mini
did you try making a new simple test game?, perhaps the transferred project got corrupted somehow
you could try exporting your project then moving it over and importing, this kind of zips up the project into one file