• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Black screen on HTML5, sounds still play

B

Brackleforth

I'm working on a simple game now with grid-based movement.

The Windows version of the game runs well. However, the HTML5 version displays a black screen upon startup. Sounds still play, so I believe the game is running but not displaying video correctly.

I am using image_alpha and image_single in some objects, and there are semi-transparent pixels in some of my sprites. Are these unsupported variables, or perhaps is the problem caused by something else?

Jezla

When I had this problem it was because I had not defined a font for the text I was drawing. HTML5 requires that you have a font resource defined for any text that you draw. It's also possible that you need to enable WebGL. Check your Game Options - Graphics Settings for HTML5.

B

Brackleforth

Thank you for the reply. I have managed to figure out the problem - there was a "if there is an object at x position" command with no object in it. For some reason the Windows still could run with this mistake. Thanks again!