• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Black screen Joint delete html5

eams1986

Hi! could someone help me? I am having problems when I delete a joint (physic) html5
in windows it works fine and in android

then when I press the vk_up the alarm is activated and deletes the joint but in html5 the image is black :( what can it be?

GML:
//Creation Box
AuxR = instance_create_depth(x,y+180,-1,o_box_red14);//red
Box  = physics_joint_revolute_create(self,AuxR,AuxR.x,AuxR.y,0,0,1,0,0,0,0);

//I want to delete Joint BOX
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_up) {
    alarm[0] = 1; //Delete joint
    }

/// Delete joint
alarm[0]
physics_joint_delete(Box);
Box = -1;

M

monsterlander

If I put the debugger on, I get the super helpful

Code:
Unhandled Exception - Uncaught ReferenceError: _QV is not defined in file undefined at line undefined
###game_end###-1
Works fine in test mode, dies in HTML 5 - here's the bit of code:

Code:
global.objRope = physics_joint_rope_create(
            objectHere,
            instDragHandle, 
            objectHere.x, 
            objectHere.y,
            instDragHandle.x,
            instDragHandle.y,
            false
        );
physics_joint_delete(global.objRope);

M

monsterlander

I've just found a cheesy workaround for my situation - I was dealing with rope joints to drag things around. I've found if I delete the invisible drag handle object I was tethering the other end of the rope too, it frees the dragged object so it falls back to earth. I then make a new drag handle. Probably piling up orphan joints but at least it works :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Has anyone filed a big report with YYG? They can't fix what they don't know about... šŸ˜‰