Windows Black Screen Issue

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Menik, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Menik

Menik Member

I've recently updated GM Studio 2 to the latest version 2.1.4.295.
    Just as well, Windows 10 has updated(doing what it wants when I finally turn my computer off as usual).

The issue is simply when I run a project(any project), it gives me a black screen. Between the updates I had not changed any code, and as such through some processes of elimination I'm finding that GM Studio 2 is simply not drawing any graphical assets anymore.

My projects run as they're supposed to, but anything not drawn by GM Studios 2 itself does not appear on the screen, only the working background(black) is drawn.

Any insight on this issue and how I can fix this?

-----------------------------

The issue has been fixed by enabling "source control". To my understanding source control tracks your revisions, but I'm not sure to what extent. So perhaps it was somehow a change to the project that I made.

If anyone has an insight as to why this fixed my issue, that would be helpful as well. Otherwise the issue is solved.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018