• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Black Bars to White Bars? [SOLVED]

H

Heath Close

I'm 2 days into learning GM2. I think it might be a perfect fit for the current game I'm making.

I've been searching around and found a great thread about scaling your game. Might be over my head right now, so here's my question:

If I want to scale a game and keep the aspect ratio... is there a way to turn the black bars into white bars? My game is on a white background, and it might look fine scaling if I can just make those white somehow.

G

Guest User

the bars are just the back of the game window showing through from what i understand, so it can be changed with 'window_set_color()'.

i did notice that, in my brief test just now, it will apparently be 'covered up' by the 'draw_clear*' functions so long as they're being called tho.

H

Heath Close

thx for the reply. I've been evaluating GM2 for about 2 days. I'm familiar with Playmaker in Unity so I've been evaluatin the DnD. I'm not sure how to implement your suggestion.

G

Guest User

ok i've never used DnD, but this looks promising.
f it works like i think it does you can just add this block and write this in it:
Code:
window_set_color(c_white);
'c_white' is a built in color Gamemaker comes with, it's just white.

the block should go in the 'Game Start' or 'Create' event of an object that exists at the start of the game so it can set this stuff up before you start to play.

H

Heath Close

ok i've never used DnD, but this looks promising.
f it works like i think it does you can just add this block and write this in it:
Code:
window_set_color(c_white);
'c_white' is a built in color Gamemaker comes with, it's just white.

the block should go in the 'Game Start' or 'Create' event of an object that exists at the start of the game so it can set this stuff up before you start to play.
This worked perfectly!