• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Bizarre compiling issue

G

GM029

Here is a bizarre problem that I haven't been able to fix (Using GMS2 Windows IDE in Windows 10)...

I've been working on my project for months to the point where I have released my game on Steam. GMS2 has been working great this whole time.

On Saturday I noticed that the sprite indexes were off by one after a build when I used draw_sprite_ext. It was this way in both opening the build .exe and launching with the play button in GMS2.

I clicked the paint brush icon to clean the project and it was fixed when I click the play button in GMS2. Since then however the program refuses to build new versions of the game. Every time I build (be it VM or YYC) it keeps spitting out an old version of the game, yet when I hit the play button it works fine.

Things I have tried:

I uninstalled and reinstalled GMS2.
Installing a brand new copy of GMS2 on a different computer (that has never had GMS2 on it before)
Deleting all of the caching folders related to GMS2
Clearing the Asset, IDE, Temp etc caches (now set to clear every time I close the program)
Changed all of the target folders (cache, build, etc) from the roaming folders.
Building a brand new project and re-importing all of the assets of my old project.

I don't know what else I can do and have NO idea why this corrupted build is following me around to computers that have never had GMS2 installed on it before and brand new projects. Is the project cache stored in the cloud somewhere?

Any help would be great.

G

GM029

NEVERMIND!

I figured it out, Steam was overriding my game with the latest one I had set the build to, problem solved thanks to Yoyo games support.

Last edited by a moderator: