Bit of advice/opinion on which design to go for..

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by m0zzy, Feb 24, 2019.

1. m0zzy

m0zzy Member

Im making a remake of the ZxSpectrum Classic ‘Trashman’ .. But i thought id make it a bit differant and make it ‘1bit’ as i like the look of 'minit' and other 1bit titles .. But now ive make it ‘black+white’, Im not so sure ...
    What do u think ..??

Cheers!

2. Rexerage

Rexerage Member

Aye m0zzy!
    Seems like a really interesting project you're crafting on..

I don't know anything about ZxSpectrum Classic ‘Trashman’, but the colorful art of the game at the first section of your video is beautiful!
    Black + White design looks good for unique horror games, but I'm not sure.

I love what you're doing, keep us updated!

3. m0zzy

m0zzy Member

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement...

4. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

I definitely prefer the original colour version you showed. Perhaps you could have the black/white or colour as options that a player could select so that they could play it with either graphics set.

I remember playing Trashman on the C64 and had started using that for the basis of one of my games, but I abandoned it last year before it really got anywhere. It definitely is a neat game though.

5. m0zzy

m0zzy Member

@BaBiA Game Studio .. Thanks for the reply, .. looks like most people are leaning towards the colour version!!