• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Biologist want to make educational project , but can't GameMake!

I

ISuckAtBlender

Hi.

As title suggest I'm not familiar with GMS2 (tho I have made some "games" in The Games Factory 2 decades ago, plus I'm more tech saavy biologist, as per name), but I want to try it out.

I have idea for game/educational project involving simulation of procaryote (i.e. single-cell organism) but I don't know if/how it could be done in GMS2. Here is basic sketch of my idea:

I want to make cell (amoeba-like) with solid parts inside. It could've been done in several ways but ring of "bones" with colliders inside seem like the easiest way to go about it. I also want to make those outer bones dragable (preferably with touch-screen controls) so cell can move... with grace of a saggy bag full of potatoes (life is beautiful). Also switching collisions on when element (i.e. sugar) is inside cell. Adding "bones" to ring in game (for example with clickable button) would be nice too.

If community would point me in the right direction (tutorials etc. , I plan on finishing Drag&Drop course on main GMS page to not be total noob) I would've been glad.

Reactions: VoT

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I think using soft body physics could yield appropriate results without additional complications.
"soft body physics gamemaker" query reveals a bunch of tutorials (sample).

Messing with density/damping could get you a sufficiently soggy bag of potatoes.