• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Big Rock Candy Mountain (Working Title)

F

Flying_Pig

I've been working on this project for a little while now - it's my first game and I'm still learning the coding language, but I think it's starting to resemble what could ostensibly be considered a game. It's going to be a fast-paced, melee-focused metroidvania.

It's still very pre-alpha, I only have one enemy type, no menu, sound or gui - mostly I've been focused on the player and enemy mechanics. The way I have everything set up right now, I can really start picking up the pace and focusing on enemy design and animation, but I want to start sharing this project and maybe get some feedback as I go forward.

Also, when it looks like the player character changes colors between frames (excluding the invincibility frames) - that's just because those are frames that I haven't finished adding detail to yet.

F

Flying_Pig

Nice. I like the attacks.
Thanks! I was thinking of modifying the attack arc a little later on, but it's good to know that I'm on the right track.

Ooh, it’s lovely and crisp, and the animations are super satisfying. Well done!
This looks cool. Nice smooth anims and gameplay. Will keep an eye on this one.
Looks excellent! Smooth animation! Great tile work! Keep us posted!
Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on pumping out a bunch of tilesets and a couple of different enemies - between coding and the visual design, the latter the easier for me, but it is incredibly time-consuming. I plan to get that and the first boss finished by mid-march so I can get a demo out that's actually worth playing, so I'll definitely keep you posted!