• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Big problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dylan

I have been working on a game when i stumbled over A BIG problem. I was trying to have a branching story starting and ending in the same overworld but in makeing the 2nd overworld using the view setting in the "room settings" but the screen is unsentered i want a room like the default 1024 by 768 and just shift 32 in any direction based on where you move it works good going up or left but the other ways dont work also the screen is in the bottom right corrner and everthing else is solid black. I NEED HELP

also i need a name for the game but thats for a later date

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerX

First, this goes in the programming forum.
Second, we need to see your view and movement related code so we can actually tell what's wrong with it.

D

Dylan

Second, we need to see your view and movement related code so we can actually tell what's wrong with it.
w = up
a = left
s = down
d = right
movement speed under 1
no scripts

in the room setting view IDK whats important or not i just need to center it and it should work

I CAN NOT PROGRAM IM SORRY

Make sure it is set to follow your player object around, it won't auto-center.
I DID AND THATS THE PROBLEM

D

Dylan

OVER COMPLICATED JUST TELL ME

also i checked and i dont understand it so i need help understanding the tutorials

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there @Dylan! Welcome to the GMC... Things seem to be getting a bit heated here, and so I'm just going to close this topic before it gets too out of hand... Now, I suggest that you first of all post in the correct forum (which would be the Programming forum) and second, calm down and explain in more detail what the issue is. So take a moment to make a new topic and take an extra moment to explain with as much detail and code what the issue is and where you think the problem is. Demanding that people help you isn't how things work and won't get you anywhere except to Frustrationville... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.