• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Big problems with Layouts

R

Reefpirate

Am I the only one that has Layouts really bugging out?

I love the new Workspaces, but every time I open my project I'm not sure if the Layout is going to load or not. If it doesn't, then some recent saved Layouts end up loading nothing for me. I have to use an old Saved Layout from early March if I don't want to start from scratch every time I open my project.

My Layout has two windows and multiple tabs with scripts and objects organized per tab. When it loads properly it's amazing but unfortunately that barely ever happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there known issues with loading/saving Workspace Layouts?

M

maratae

Am I the only one that has Layouts really bugging out?

I love the new Workspaces, but every time I open my project I'm not sure if the Layout is going to load or not. If it doesn't, then some recent saved Layouts end up loading nothing for me. I have to use an old Saved Layout from early March if I don't want to start from scratch every time I open my project.

My Layout has two windows and multiple tabs with scripts and objects organized per tab. When it loads properly it's amazing but unfortunately that barely ever happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there known issues with loading/saving Workspace Layouts?
Well, all I know is that everytime I close the Room Editor by accident, I have to reset the layout because I don't know how to bring it up otherwise.
I guess I'll be watching this thread to learn more about them layouts. -_-

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Afaik, this is not a known bug, but if it's happening consistently for you then please file a bug. You can go to Help > File A Bug in GMS, and I'd include a copy of the UI.log file (from %programdata%\GameMakerStudio2).

R

Reefpirate

Ok, I'll submit a report. Hopefully this can get fixed... It's the only thing that really bothers me about GMS2 right now.